• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Daryl Sconiers

Am i in a time warp? First the Napoli/Mathis debate revisited. Than name change and i hear the name Daryl Sconiers for the first time in three decades if i am not mistaken.

"quote name="Stradling" post="592542" timestamp="1433197438"]

How do you guys think he will do? Will he be the air apparent at first base, or should we go after one in free agency? While on this topic, John Orton: better than Bench when all is said and done?

And then all Hell breaks loose as Hollywood drops a rookie card that includes Luis Sanchez.......F' him~

Great story very similar to my Luis Polonia story. But, a little different about Luis Sanchez! That included Tom Brunansky...

I was at the yard before the game with my kid sister trying to get autographs during BP. I was 13 at the time she was 11. There was Luis and Jesse Jefferson standing at the top step watching BP leaning on the rail.

I asked (yelled out) Luis can I get an autograph for my sister she's right here? He turned around looked at me as I pointed at her and then gave me the stink eye and muttered something to Jesse and turned away. Jesse turns around and says sorry kid he doesn't speak English. So, then Bruno (Tom Brunansky) who was in the dugout underneath where we couldn't see him walks out signs a ball and flipped it to my sister and tells her to have fun and thank you for supporting us. Bruno then turned to Luis walked up the step said something to him shook his head and waved his hand at him and walked away. 

Always, was a fan of Bruno after that and they were both rookies. He also had the better career I was bummed when we traded him for Doug Corbett. 

Ironic enough after a bad first few seasons in Anaheim, it was Corbett who kept the Halos in game 4 of the 1986 ALCS with 3 2/3 hitless innings in relief (1 BB) that helped lead to the 9th inning comeback and 11th inning walkoff hit by Grich.