• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Giavotella

Stat from Alden just now:

Johnny Giavotella, under what Baseball-Reference calls "late and close" situations: 15 hits, 8 RBIs, 29 at-bats. #Angels

I know he's slowed down from his great start, but did anyone really think he'd have been performed this well coming into the year? I certainly didn't.

Stat from Alden just now:

Johnny Giavotella, under what Baseball-Reference calls "late and close" situations: 15 hits, 8 RBIs, 29 at-bats. #Angels

I know he's slowed down from his great start, but did anyone really think he'd have been performed this well coming into the year? I certainly didn't.

Um, I didn't even think he'd make the team. Best surprise for sure. 

Thought the comparison was overused early, before we really saw enough of him, but he really is Eckstein Part Deuce...not just a scrappy overachiever (also overused) but the kid is a winner....so was Eck....you can be a scrappy overachiever and not necessarily be as productive as he has been....heck, you can be talented and not be as productive as he's been....the kid, from two months of sample size, is just a winner....

I love Gio and think he's had more clutch hits in the first 2 months being here than Howie had in years. I loved Howie but he seemed to dissapoint when we needed his bat most.

I don't know what you guys mean by slow down, but i think the kids got the kinda bat where he'LL hit .260+ a season, and he gets 2nd well. I'm glad he's on our team, I'm glad he's out the consistently, and i hope he's with the Halos for the next couple years.

i like him too...if we were and are to win...guys like this need to pitch in...especially wihh the major slow start of the offense.   the other game where we lost and he tried to stretch a double-liked the effort and every hit he gets late like that increases his and the teams confidence that he will step up whenever needed.

G looks to me like the polar opposite of kendrick at the plate when guys on base. the future batting champ would seldom hit the ball out of the infield with guys on. i think he was in the top five in the al one year for GIDP

In 2084 at bats Kendrick hit .296 with runners on base. With RISP he hit .298 but maybe you missed those games.

When Giavotella puts together a full season or two maybe a comparison can be made but so far in his career he has hit under .250 with runners on or with RISP.

Yeah, this is small sample size syndrome and selective memory.

That said, he is doing all you could have asked of him and more.  Fairly solid defense (one bad throw the other day but even that was on a tough play), not striking out, getting on base, and then not being an idiot when he gets on.  Overall, not being the offensive black hole which 2b could have ended up as this year.  Nothing wrong with having an Ecks type there.

In 2084 at bats Kendrick hit .296 with runners on base. With RISP he hit .298 but maybe you missed those games.

When Giavotella puts together a full season or two maybe a comparison can be made but so far in his career he has hit under .250 with runners on or with RISP.

incorrect sample size- G

GIDPkendrick for ONE YEAR  

torture em long enough and they will say anything