• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Weather tonight

Just got here yesterday...

I dont think you could pay me to put a jersey on tonight and go stand in the outfield.

Looked at the weather yesterday, its suppose to be nicer out tomorrow so i wouldnt be surprised to see a double header tomorrow. Also, looked like it was going to rain all wednesday and both teams have an off day thursday so they may end up playing two tomorrow and one thursday. Obviously just me guessing at this point.

Maybe its a good thing Blantons pitching after all... Outfielders will constantly be moving

It's not the schedule makers fault. The Twins can't play the first month and a half on the road. I do agree that they should have never built an open air stadium in Minneapolis. At least have a retractable roof.

Re: Schedule Makers - yes it is, and I am not only talking about this exact game. 

MIN wanted an open air stadium, they have to deal with the consequences.  And if that means they are on the road for the first 3-4 weeks.... oh well.

Re: Schedule Makers - yes it is, and I am not only talking about this exact game. 

MIN wanted an open air stadium, they have to deal with the consequences.  And if that means they are on the road for the first 3-4 weeks.... oh well.

That's a terrible idea. They would have a huge advantage in their division (and in the league) by loading up on home games at the end.

Also, teams with warm climates and domed stadiums don't necessarily want extra April games because kids are in school and may not draw as well as summer.

I don't get why it wasn't built with a retractable roof, given the rain in the summer time and extreme cold even in April.

Unless they didn't have the financial resources to add a retractable roof to the stadium deal?

I think everyone was so anti-Metrodome by the time the new stadium was being designed, so "no more roof" sounded like a great idea.

I don't get why it wasn't built with a retractable roof, given the rain in the summer time and extreme cold even in April.

Unless they didn't have the financial resources to add a retractable roof to the stadium deal?

No, they did not have an unlimited budget.

Big deal, both teams are playing in a little cold.

0% precipitation

Wind chills between 27-30F...

They'll play.

Yep! Other than the wind right now, its not all that bad outside. But im from Canada so "not bad" to me is probably different then alot of peoples "not bad" on this board.

Anyways im pumped right now! Just about to head over to the field decked out in Angels gear.

Hopefully the boys can keep building on what they started saturday night.

Have a great time at the game CanadianHalo.

Does anyone have stats on the Angels record when they are playing in cold weather?

When they played the Yankees in the '09 playoffs they did not fare real well in the cold New York weather.

Mets just went from being snowed out in MIN...

...To being snowed out here in COL.

Currently 26 and snowing. Of course, yesterday, it was 60ish (normal high is low 60s), and Saturday, it was close to 70.

Schedule makers can't predict weather. Especially months in advance. April is a hit-or-miss month in places like Denver, Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Boston.

Of course, games have also been rained out in California in April. They all look the same on the schedule.