• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Throwing strikes

Angels have a good defense. Let teams put the ball in play. Walks turn a solo shot into a 3 run homer.

Yea I tend to agree with this. I just think the guy is more comfortable not really challenging the hitters but rather have them swing at his pitches, which as a fan is frustrating as hell to watch.

I just remember when Fuentes did that to A-ROID in a pivotal game some years ago.  He was 0-2 in the count and gave him a meatball right down the middle, which ended up in the standards behind Hunter.

Never? Even when everyone knows you'll throw a ball?! A pitcher has to keep them honest or they'll never swing in those counts. That's like saying lets just start with a 2-2 count and go from there. It shouldn't be all the time but CJ is too predictable. Get a quick 0-2 count, nibble till its 3-2, and then hope for the best. It's just driving his pitch count up and putting the other team in a position to succeedAll

I just remember when Fuentes did that to A-ROID in a pivotal game some years ago.  He was 0-2 in the count and gave him a meatball right down the middle, which ended up in the standards behind Hunter.

2009 ALCS game 2.

I remember people blaming Mathis for that believing he specifically called for the meatball pitch.

Exactly, we have a good OF defense and Wilson doesn't allow many HRs. 

What's with the nibbling then?

I agree on not throwing it down the middle on 0-2, but you don't totally get away from strike throwing on 0-2.    You challenge the hitter! 

And until he gets rid of the nibbling rep, the umps will continue to be affected by it and maybe miss a pitch or two.