• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Relax, its early

I mean this with sincerity.  All we have to do is get a wild card spot and we'll be fine.  Actually I might rather prefer the wild card spot over the division.  If you win that wild card game it gives you a huge momentum boost going into round 1, which is actually what KC had last year against us.  I dont trust this team with time off after clinching a division early.  

The offense might come around.

I see your point, and don't really disagree, as long as we make a move or two. Joyce and Iannetta have hit better of late, but we still have a station to station offense with not much pop. We need either a guy that can wreak havoc on the bases batting leadoff, or a guy that is a threat to go deep in the four hole, or preferably both. There is one guy that I wonder when he will be traded and that is Longoria. Granted, they are playing pretty well this year, but at some point they will move him. He would be almost perfect for this team. There are no true leadoff hitters anymore, it is kind of like the stolen base doesn't really exist anymore, which is sad. I just know that Sosh is at his best when he has guys that can steal bases and go first to third.

Edited by Stradling

The season is nearly 2 months old. That's a third of the way. And the offense has been pretty consistently awful from game 1. What more do we need to see?

Let's not forget the end of last season as well, the writing has been on the wall for a while now. This is a 1 man team, Trout, and if he gets robbed of a homer like last night, we lose.

The season is nearly 2 months old. That's a third of the way. And the offense has been pretty consistently awful from game 1. What more do we need to see?

It's almost June. We're 6.5 games behind Houston, are tied with Seattle and are a half game ahead of Texas. We just lost a game in which our pitching staff didn't surrender a run until the tenth inning. This sucks.

Not sure why you want to squeak into the 2nd wild card spot and hopefully get into the real playoffs by winning the 1 game fake playoff game just to get hammered by a real team much like last season. That shit was embarrasing. 

We could have very easily beaten the Royals.  If we get 1 clutch hit in 3 games, we probably do end up winning.  Unfortunately, just couldnt get a single clutch hit to score a run in any of those games.  Remember the first 2 went into extra innings, and we had plenty of chances to score.  

Thats why I think winning a wild card game will give us some momentum.  But at this point I just checked the standings and were what like 5 games back of the Twins/Tigers?  There are 3 teams in the Central that are dominating right now. 

I mean seriously, the freaking Minnesota Twins are better than us.  

Thats why I think winning a wild card game will give us some momentum.

It makes you have to burn your best starting pitcher in a one game scenario just to stay in, and it screws up your rotation for the Division Series. How that gives you momentum, I have no idea.

It makes you have to burn your best starting pitcher in a one game scenario just to stay in, and it screws up your rotation for the Division Series. How that gives you momentum, I have no idea.

You say this yet both teams in the World Series last year won their Wild Card games.  Maybe im right and you just dont understand why im right.  

not to go all Jim Mora, but what the hell are we discussing playoff scenarios for? This appears to be an incredibly mediocre team.

Because we have a great starting staff.  The best position player in baseball, and a very good Kole Calhoun.  Its just that the rest of the offense sucks or hasnt gotten going yet.  

Our biggest worry I think should be the staff falling off.  If Wilson becomes 2014 Wilson again, Weaver starts getting mashed again, or if Hector becomes wild goose Hector again.  

We were 30-25 at the end of May last year.  We could end this one 28-23 or 23-and 28.  We're not better, but we're right there and Houston is bound to go 2014 Oakland A's sooner than later.  We will be battling the Mariner's at the end.  Cano has SUCKED and they are hanging with us.  Shoe's coming around and Santiago is a legit 5 right now.  We have problems but we aren't the A's or the Marlins either.  Xanax.

We could have very easily beaten the Royals.  If we get 1 clutch hit in 3 games, we probably do end up winning.  Unfortunately, just couldnt get a single clutch hit to score a run in any of those games.  Remember the first 2 went into extra innings, and we had plenty of chances to score.  

Thats why I think winning a wild card game will give us some momentum.  But at this point I just checked the standings and were what like 5 games back of the Twins/Tigers?  There are 3 teams in the Central that are dominating right now. 

I mean seriously, the freaking Minnesota Twins are better than us.  

They are certainly hitting better than us...and pretty much everyone else.

We were 30-25 at the end of May last year.  We could end this one 28-23 or 23-and 28.  We're not better, but we're right there and Houston is bound to go 2014 Oakland A's sooner than later.  We will be battling the Mariner's at the end.  Cano has SUCKED and they are hanging with us.  Shoe's coming around and Santiago is a legit 5 right now.  We have problems but we aren't the A's or the Marlins either.  Xanax.

Cano is basically their Pujols.  You could say "Cano sucks and their hanging with us," I could say "Pujols sucks and were hanging with them"

We dont sign guys who have a history of drug related issues.

Oh wait

Nelson Cruz would help Pujols too, if you know what i mean. Pujols been lackin that extra pop he used to have, if u know wut i sayin. and Nelson Cruz brings some of that pop to the field, shares some of that pop with Pujols so Pujols could feel the way he used to when he had all that pop. catch my drift?