• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Pick One Player

Let's play make believe for a little while here. Say you can snatch (haha, I said snatch) one ACTIVE player from any other team and put him on the Angels, who would you pick? Do this based purely on the need of the team, and the impact of that player. Don't worry about what it would cost to acquire him, or the cost to the luxury tax. My pick is Harper, but it isn't just because he is having a monster year, it is because he is left handed and plays a position of need. I have been thinking about this thread all season long, and my initial answer to this a couple of weeks ago might have been Arenado, the third baseman for the Rockies, because he is so damn good defensively and can hit. I am interested in everyone's opinions, I am just afraid that most will pick Harper because of the season he is having, which might lead to a boring thread.

I like Pedro Alvarez in my limited viewing of him, but he wouldn't be my first first baseman I chose. Man, how good would a guy like Freddie Freeman look in an Angels uniform batting 2nd? Or MCab, to DH and spot start at first, so we would have a legitimate middle of the order bat.

would love love love love to have Arenado. We have been so desperate for a 3b for soooo long, it has proven to be one of the toughest positions in baseball to fill and that dude is a legit superstar. He is THE 3b to own in all of major league baseball and I want him. Ya sure Harper is great and all but hes an outfielder, lots of outfielders out there.

So you're just gonna steal this idea from my podcast without giving any credit? Thanks! :)

I didn't realize you had a podcast, so.   Maybe some good can come of his thievery.

At the risk of coming off as a kiss ass, I had completely punted on the OCR and am only reading it because of what you bring to their coverage.