• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How long will they wait before making a move...

Which makes the Howie deal all for not.

Well not necessarily.  Reddick isn't a free agent until 2017.  That means they get the rest of the year with Zobrist plus a year and a half of Reddick. These guys combined are worth more then Howie alone.  Plus Howie is a free agent at the end of the year.  Theoretically if they traded Heaney and some others for Zobrist and Reddick, they could then resign Howie at the end of the year and they will have netted a year with Reddick by trading Howie to the Dodgers.  That really depends on what else that trade would include though.

Unless of course we get better. Zobrist is considered better than Howie, and if we got Reddick as well (obviously we would have to add other pieces) then it isn't all for not. Would you trade Howie and a couple prospects for Zobrist and Reddick? The answers pretty much a resounding yes.

Heaney was the key acquisition in the Kendrick trade but he's been flipped before. I'm not sure that the A's are ready to give up on this season. The A's have about 7 potential starters on the DL so they have a good excuse for where they are today. We don't.

I said it here.

Fair enough, i would consider you a source :)

im guess im curious why you thought Reddick as opposed to any other RF?

and if Reddick, ims sure the As would ask for one of the young arms but i dont know i make that deal straight up so?

Edited by floplag

and if Reddick, ims sure the As would ask for one of the young arms but i dont know i make that deal straight up so?

Fletcher didn't name Reddick or anyone if I remember correctly. He just said they'd be willing to move Kole to LF if they found the right RF

Reddick really hasn't hit that well in Anaheim. Zobrist has.

We should see what Green and other minor leaguers can do before trading away our pitchers.

First move should just be Green and Navarro for Cron, and see how that goes.

I realize that Navarro and Cowgill came way back down to earth last year after hot starts, but this was still the best offense in baseball with them in it. Howie Kendrick is not 300 runs by himself.

I agree Stradling.  I think they have to risk falling out of the race and wait until they have better choices at lower costs in a month or so.  A nice hot streak in the next 30 days would really help.  I still think we have some minor leaguers who could help temporarily (like Green, Navarro, Marte, and Kubitza).  But maybe they don't want to spoil their trade value by bringing them up and having them fail.

I seriously doubt that we are keeping players in the minors just to preserve their value as trade bait. As bad as the offense has been, if the FO believed that any one of the guys you mentioned would help, I'm sure that he would have been called up by now.