• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Could this be THE turnaround game of the season?

Chuck

In all fairness, he never said you hi-jacked the thread in your first post. As for the " the previous comments (that) were all positive", you only made one comment about Hamilton's HR.

You should try reading the numerous posts I have made this week across multiple threads in the forum.  Since you are a mod, I'm sure you have that ability. 

"Too bad the failos who were here for the first week are not any longer.  It's amazing how many of them only login and post to complain when we lose and yet do absolutely nothing to further any baseball conversation when we win.  I used to read and post on the old board and I see the same names here consistently posting; however, it's the same old story with the whiners: they show up only when we lose.

As a supporter of the team, win or lose, I see this as a turn-around since taking this series was a necessity.  Pujols is back to his norms, Trout is heating up again and smiling, Hamilton is starting to rake, and our bull pen is getting it's head out of it's arse...credit goes to Butcher if you are willing to fire him when things don't go well.  All in all, it's a good thing this is happening just ten days into the season vs. all month long like last year.  I might be eating crow if we don't win another series for a while, but I'm betting we are a competitive team at this point."

When you said "the second half of my most recent comment" I naturally assumed you meant, well, your most recent comment.

I personally don't have a beef with you, EBof9, and in fact always respected Ernie's acting ability going back to Marty. 

But it seems that you do go after other posters, more so than posting comments on the team.

If I'm misjudging that, I apologize.   I just like a board where people comment, praise, and critique either a player, coach, or what a poster said; and not just unload on posters continually in what seems to be a personal thing.    That can destroy message boards just as much as trolls (not saying you are one).

I did go overboard, even for me, for about a week, and do apologize to everyone on here. 

Venting is cool, and I will continue to do it in appropriate spots, but taking it to waaay high levels and too much in quantity does clog up a board.

You should try reading the numerous posts I have made this week across multiple threads in the forum.  Since you are a mod, I'm sure you have that ability. 

Ability? Yes

Desire? No

QFTW made a comment about your post in this thread hi-jacking it's purpose. Not sure what posts in other threads have to do with it.

I personally don't have a beef with you, EBof9, and in fact always respected Ernie's acting ability going back to Marty. 

But it seems that you do go after other posters, more so than posting comments on the team.

If I'm misjudging that, I apologize.   I just like a board where people comment, praise, and critique either a player, coach, or what a poster said; and not just unload on posters continually in what seems to be a personal thing.    That can destroy message boards just as much as trolls (not saying you are one).

I did go overboard, even for me, for about a week, and do apologize to everyone on here. 

Venting is cool, and I will continue to do it in appropriate spots, but taking it to waaay high levels and too much in quantity does clog up a board.

Hahaha, am I reading this correctly? Is that really you AO?

Yep, I do admit it gets out of hand from time to time, but still within reasonableness normally.   But that one week even for me was overdone.

I love your fervor AO, and the fact that you are willing to type what a lot of us are feeling when this team has us fuming. I'm a big 43 year old baby regarding the Angels to this day, same as I was in 1978, so I feel ya man. I gotta ask though, is 'reasonableness' really an English word? :P

AO, it was not overdone. We as fans have a right to get upset especially when we are expected to win and then the team goes out and lays an egg.  It's our voices that will hopefully get Arte to listen and make the correct changes so that we can finally have a team we are proud of.

I love your fervor AO, and the fact that you are willing to type what a lot of us are feeling when this team has us fuming. I'm a big 43 year old baby regarding the Angels to this day, same as I was in 1978, so I feel ya man. I gotta ask though, is 'reasonableness' really an English word? :P

the word he was looking for is "reasonabolocity"

Go after other posters?  You really think I'm that bad, just picking fights?  Wow.  I have seen what some others do here (eg, Lifetime) and can't see how.  It would be nice if there was not a double-standard.

Apparently it's perfectly OK for some of you to go all out and biatch, whine, attack others personally vs. attack their arguments, but if it's someone you don't hang out with at your fanfests, then it's not acceptable.  Reminds me of junior high behavior.