• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GM says you don't really own your car

Well, if I'm only licensing it, paying about what I pay for XM/Sirius every month sounds about right. I would also plan to call them up and tell them that their car needs an oil change, gasoline, new tires, new brakes, etc. Cadillac Escalades for $10 per month.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

As if I needed another reason not to buy a GM/Chevy/Pontiac.

lol My '99 Silverado has had its oil changed about 10 times, finally changed a headlight bulb today, original brakes (above 50%) and on and on.  Only thing I have had to do that was "major" was change the water pump twice and the steering pump.  160 K (Now watch something happen this week).

Edited by maximus p

lol My '99 Silverado has had its oil changed about 10 times, finally changed a headlight bulb today, original brakes (above 50%) and on and on. Only thing I have had to do that was "major" was change the water pump twice and the steering pump. 160,000 K (Now watch something happen this week).

You are lucky. I had to get rid of my Chevy Traverse - with just 55,000 - after yet another problem. According to the Chevy technician, it isn't uncommon for Traverses to require new engines (at $8,000) at less than 100,000 miles.

lol My '99 Silverado has had its oil changed about 10 times, finally changed a headlight bulb today, original brakes (above 50%) and on and on.  Only thing I have had to do that was "major" was change the water pump twice and the steering pump.  160 K (Now watch something happen this week).

so you change your oil about every 16,000 miles? did i read that right?

Are your other reasons that they have a turning radius better than an aircraft carrier and don't break down every 500 miles?

I wouldn't hesitate to buy an American Car. My work car is a Ford Taurus as was the last one and I didn't have a single issue with it. I also owned recently a Ford Expedition, zero problems. I traded that in for a Ford Flex, zero problems. My fiance has a Ford Edge, zero problems. Bought my son a Ford Fusion, zero problems. Lastly, I bought my 16 year old a 1997 Ford F150, with 102,000 miles and it runs perfectly fine. Gone are the days of buying American and getting an inferior more expensive product, at least that is my experience.

My work car is a 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis. About three weeks ago it turned over 190,000 miles. I bought the car about two and a half years ago with 168K on it, needed something at the time that I could pay cash for. Got it from the second owner, who bought it with 34K miles on it. I have had some minor repairs done, but by and large it's just minor stuff and it just keeps going. My plan was to trade the car as soon as I was in a position to buy something else, but this car has done so well that I saw no reason to unload it.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

But it's not YOUR '99 Silverado.

I paid $800 for a disposable 95 saturn 4 door 3 years ago with 140K on it. Just turned 252K this week. I drive close to 40K a year, so the 35 mpg, and almost no maintanance other than Oil changes every 3K fit my wallet real nice.

My last disposable car was a 94 Saturn I drover for 10 years+, with no major issues. I paid $2000 for it with 106K miles on it then. still running, but I had to park it last year when it no longer passed smog with over 512K on the odometer.

I highly recommend these beaters for daily commutes.