• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question for the Board

nando714

My GF and I are heading to Spring Training next month. Its not our first rodeo, but she wants to get some autographs and all that. We never done this before partly because we go with a group of friends and never want to show up early enough. My question is...

How early is a good time to see players and get them to sign some baseballs? or after the game? 

I get feeling that it is a lot easier during Spring Training to do this and she really wants to meet some of the players. 

Thanks in advance. 

Get there around 9 am and you'll see the players go from the minor leave fields to the big league field and you can get autographs there or inside.

Awesome. Thanks!!

Has anyone ever done this before? Which players seem more fan friendly? I know some probably get annoyed with fans bugging them. Which ones aren't fan friendly? 

You will have a good chance at the practice fields in the early morning. You can also be one of the first in the ballpark and hang out near the dugouts. At Tempe Diablo, there is a spot down RF line where the players enter/leave the field from the clubhouse. You can catch them there. 

Sosh HATES players signing during practice so if they don't stop to sign, that's a big reason why. Hamilton might make himself more accessible since he's on a new team. Pujols usually is pretty reserved but will sign at times. He won't sign jerseys, bats or on the sweet spot of a baseball. I've seen Trout sign frequently in the past, but not sure given his recent fame. A lot of the minor leaguers will sign freely. But whatever you do, respect their time. They do not have an obligation to sign anything. 

But whatever you do, respect their time. They do not have an obligation to sign anything. 

This is the most important piece of advice anyone could give you about an autograph situation. I have seen people violate it, even in the minor leagues. It is especially true if the player is one who has spent significant time in the majors.

Take the advice listed above -- AND -- have girlfriend go to rail unaccompanied by you.....chances of her getting autograph go way up.

when my kids were little league age, they wanted autographs -- they quickly learned to stand next to best looking 18-20 something there and each would play off the other to get autographs -- gals would pretend kids were theirs or something and kids would be next to good looking gals.......players swarmed like moths to a flame.....worked pretty well.

used to take my kids out of school for a day or two for spring training -- they received plenty of education despite not being in class.

Take the advice listed above -- AND -- have girlfriend go to rail unaccompanied by you.....chances of her getting autograph go way up.

when my kids were little league age, they wanted autographs -- they quickly learned to stand next to best looking 18-20 something there and each would play off the other to get autographs -- gals would pretend kids were theirs or something and kids would be next to good looking gals.......players swarmed like moths to a flame.....worked pretty well.

used to take my kids out of school for a day or two for spring training -- they received plenty of education despite not being in class.

When all else fails... pull the hot chick card.

hot chicks and little babies usually work wonders.

You can get minor league players and non-starters down on the lower fields daily. They usually sign when coming back up to the clubhouse.

Along the rightfield line is a good place too like mancini said. My little boy and I got Torii's, Aybar's, and Weaver's there.

If you go to another stadium when the Angels are visitors the team signs (usually along the left field line). Mancini, Cory, Kristen and I got Brandon Wood's and Mike Trout's autograph a few years back.

The best chance to get autographs tho is after the Tim Mead "state of the union" on Sunday. AW has early access to the stadium. We got Pujols' last year.

Good luck dude