• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's time to promote Green - Demote Cron

Chuck

Now that Gia's coming back down to earth I wish we would've just let Green hack away from the start, going forward I think our best bet at 2nd is Green.

I like what Featherston brings defensively but offensively he's looked like crap (dat sample size).

Green must've really pissed someone off at some point.

That's the only thing I can think if, he must have pissed in someone's Cheerios. He's done EVERYTHING expected of someone to be in the majors. He's hitting in AAA, he's switched positions, he plays positions from which the Angels are getting little or no production from (LF, DH, 2B) he's sat the bench and hasn't complained to the media once.

How the Angels have planted him in AAA is really unfair to the team and him. So the only conclusion I can think if is that he pissed someone off along the way. I wouldn't say he 'd save the offense but he can certainly hit .290 with lots of doubles if given a consistent shot.

It is a mystery why Cron is still here. He is the ultimate black hole in the lineup. Bring up Green and rotate him through several positions and DH. Cowgill's lack of production is also painful to watch. Bring Navarro back or trade for anoyher left handed hitting outfielder.

Green has played 1B, LF and he can play 2B, SS and 3B if needed. What the heck is Cron, a 1B/DH only still doing up here? 

Grant Green is hitting .346 and has been a doubles and triples machine lately in AAA. I don't understand what the hold up is. 

The only real knock on him right now (offensively) is the lack of walks.   The exile of Grant Green is a curious thing.   But if they are considering Ben Revere to lead off it doesn't seem to be a priority anyway.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Agreed

Green has played 1B, LF and he can play 2B, SS and 3B if needed. What the heck is Cron, a 1B/DH only still doing up here?

Grant Green is hitting .346 and has been a doubles and triples machine lately in AAA. I don't understand what the hold up is.

That's the only thing I can think if, he must have pissed in someone's Cheerios. He's done EVERYTHING expected of someone to be in the majors. He's hitting in AAA, he's switched positions, he plays positions from which the Angels are getting little or no production from (LF, DH, 2B) he's sat the bench and hasn't complained to the media once.

How the Angels have planted him in AAA is really unfair to the team and him. So the only conclusion I can think if is that he pissed someone off along the way. I wouldn't say he 'd save the offense but he can certainly hit .290 with lots of doubles if given a consistent shot.

I'm honestly wondering about this. This guy has done everything he can possibly do. In addition to what you've mentioned, he's played well during the brief periods he's been up and he seems to have a really great, positive attitude and is a team player. There's no Earthly reason why he should still be in AAA and should be getting passed over again and again. Someone doesn't like this guy personally. It makes no sense that he hasn't been brought up and apparently isn't even being considered. And frankly if that's actually the reason -- that he somehow pissed someone off -- it's a poor reason to keep him down in AAA. The team could use him right now.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

If the Angels have no intention of promoting Green than use him in a package with other prospects to help the offense while he still has some value.

Yeah but then we're still stuck with C.J. Cron. Booo

Green has consistently hit at least ~.250-.300 in AAA, Spring Training, and in the Major Leagues during his brief opportunities.

I'd take .250 with (1) single or (2) singles per game over what CJ Cron is currently offering at DH.  At least that would extend rallies.

They could use both of them as part of a trade or multiple trades.

With Tony Reagins no longer employed as a GM, is there anyone stupid enough left in this sport to give up anything for Cron at the moment? Cron has been bad for a long time now (a .590 OPS after June 30 last season and then .496 this year). For a player whose one dimension is offense, he sure isn't a very good hitter.

But yes, for the love of God, bring up Green and play him. That Cron, Navarro and Krauss have all been given more of a chance than Green this year is absurd.

Green doesn't bring that much to the table ... average offence and average defense. The only reason Cron is still hanging around is because he is a power bat. I don't mind Green coming up since Cron's bat is anemic right now ... but Dipoto needs to find a consistent power bat for the lineup asap!

It seems like twice a year we talk about why Grant Green isn't ____ It appears no one likes him or something...

I'm honestly wondering about this. This guy has done everything he can possibly do. In addition to what you've mentioned, he's played well during the brief periods he's been up and he seems to have a really great, positive attitude and is a team player. There's no Earthly reason why he should still be in AAA and should be getting passed over again and again. Someone doesn't like this guy personally. It makes no sense that he hasn't been brought up and apparently isn't even being considered. And frankly if that's actually the reason -- that he somehow pissed someone off -- it's a poor reason to keep him down in AAA. The team could use him right now.

Interestingly Grant Green is a total underachiever. First round pick, ahead of Trout, expected to stick at short, even be above average at the position yet the guy hasn't improved a lick defensively since then. He apparently can't cut it at any position on the field despite having all the physical tools. The A's gave up on him and the Angels refuse to give him a chance. It almost makes you think they are trying to tell him something...