• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Inventory of Angels Trade Assets

Let's not be too hasty. The team, and franchise as a whole, is really lacking in offensive firepower. But the major league team is literally two good hitters away from being excellent, and I'm not sure that requires throwing in the towel. Trades can and will be made.

As for the farm, that will take some time. I'm guessing Dipoto goes heavy on the hitters in the draft, but that's not going to help much over the next two or three years. Look for some re-tooling this year and over the offseason.

Has it reached the point that we are no longer "Win Now" while building the staff around Weaver and lineup around Pujols? It seems to me that we missed that window and now need to build around Richards and Trout. If this is the case then they need to start the house cleaning sooner than later. We don't have one .300 hitter in our lineup. The lack of offense will eventually take it's toll on our pitching staff by overtaxing them in late innings. If I'm Dipoto, I'm selling for long term solutions. Edited by CALZONE

It's May and we are 4-5 games out. We're also in 2nd place. If you think we have problems, you should look at our competition, all of which are doing worse than we are.

- The Astros, sure they're young and have two good pitchers, but in order to win, they'll need to make a lot more contact, acquire 1-2 more good SP and 1-2 more good RP. They're in first by default right now. This team is patch work.

- The Angels can't score runs and have no middle relief.

- The M's can score and have literally no back end of the rotation and heir bullpen which is in shambles had one good year last year. For such a popular pick, this is not a complete team.

- The A's have no team identity and are still a year or two away from realizing their pitching potential.

- The Rangers are toast. They need to deconstruct and rebuild.

So when you look at the Angels, you see that things aren't so sure compared to everyone else. Right now, our division is a suck-fest and the least sucky will come away with a playoff spot. Pujols will start hitting more, Iannetta will heat up. Joyce and Cron, they're about to be replaced. The Angels aren't in a position to rebuild right now, that'd be the Rangers.

Remember what Iannetta said last year, the best teams, play .500 ball for most if the year. They just go on a couple of win streaks of 5 or 10 games and that's it. Think about it, .500 ball is 82 wins, add a couple win streaks and that's 95+ wins.

The Angels are a .500 team right now, with lots if tradable assets.

I agree with most of what you said. The Angels are only 5.5 games behind the Astros. The Astros are winning 63 % of their games. If they continue that pace than they deserve the title. And despite only playing 500 ball they are just 2.5 out of the playoffs and it's only May. The Royals and Giants last year proved anything can happen in the playoffs.

Now is not the time to rebuild. In fact we are not far off. Give a Green a chance and trade for a dh/lf.

It's May and we are 4-5 games out. We're also in 2nd place. If you think we have problems, you should look at our competition, all of which are doing worse than we are.

- The Astros, sure they're young and have two good pitchers, but in order to win, they'll need to make a lot more contact, acquire 1-2 more good SP and 1-2 more good RP. They're in first by default right now. This team is patch work.

- The Angels can't score runs and have no middle relief.

- The M's can score and have literally no back end of the rotation and heir bullpen which is in shambles had one good year last year. For such a popular pick, this is not a complete team.

- The A's have no team identity and are still a year or two away from realizing their pitching potential.

- The Rangers are toast. They need to deconstruct and rebuild.

So when you look at the Angels, you see that things aren't so sure compared to everyone else. Right now, our division is a suck-fest and the least sucky will come away with a playoff spot. Pujols will start hitting more, Iannetta will heat up. Joyce and Cron, they're about to be replaced. The Angels aren't in a position to rebuild right now, that'd be the Rangers.

Remember what Iannetta said last year, the best teams, play .500 ball for most if the year. They just go on a couple of win streaks of 5 or 10 games and that's it. Think about it, .500 ball is 82 wins, add a couple win streaks and that's 95+ wins.

The Angels are a .500 team right now, with lots if tradable assets.

It's like you guys don't remember last season. If this season plays out like last year, we get hot for a couple months and beat up on the teams who quit who have no chance from July to Sept. and win the division make the playoffs. So what? We enter the playoffs and the anemic offense returns because we are facing quality teams with high end starters and our true colors are shown. 1, 2, 3 sweep with virtually no runs and no hits in 3 games. The team is flawed, in a big way.

i am leary of sending out some talent...most of them just forget how to hit when they get here?  

we should have just signed cruz a few years ago....easy peasy and been in two world series

i was for shipping shoe for someone good at beginning of season with the guys coming up in minors...but that ship has sailed.

cj is worth something...maybe its as simple as ethier swap.    solves two team issues....money can be handled with some work by dodgers a little.  back in march an article to pay down half his contract.   i think that is where you go.   i think last year cj had a good run early and looked like world beater before wheels came completely off.    maybe have that in dodger deal if falls flat later to take back some of that money.  

i saw the weekly show of his cj workout.....very impressive athletic dude.  

The fact that it's Houston that we trail makes it even more tempting to make some moves and gear up for another run, but do we do it at the expense of our farm that's finally starting to look promising? Personally, I think any time you have a legit chance at the division and playoffs you go for it, but that's Jerry's call and he's definitely in a tough spot.

As tempting as it might be to load up for a run now, we shouldn't trade the future for the past. The farm system is just beginning to bear fruit (let us not forget that it was one of the worst in baseball when Dipoto got here), and we shouldn't strip it just to contend for a year or two. The Josh Hamilton fiasco screwed things up tremendously, and a number of players are performing at unanticipated lows.