• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

That high quality Toronto Turf

What is up with it? I could lay carpet in my house better than the turf at the Skydome Rogers Center. Not to mention every time the ball hits the turf it releases some black crap that looks like the lost souls of every HR Joe Blanton allowed.

I think the black stuff is old recycled tire rubber that's been shredded.  Many artificial grass installers use it to make the grass blades stand up, kind of like an erection.  You're right though, I think they did the bargain bin stuff from Home Depot. 

I was wondering why the heck there seemed to be a puff of smoke every time a ball or foot hit the turf. Weird.

I agree that the Jays' turf seems kind of low-budget, and it drives me nuts that they don't have dirt on the base paths, but I wish we could have some (nicer) synthetic grass here in Anaheim because of the drought.

The black rubbery stuff is called crumb rubber and it's used for cushioning and shock absorbtion. A zamboni-like machine is used to vacuum it up and spread it out evenly. And people think it's toxic!

It is toxic, if you ate old ground up tires you wouldn't last long either.  It plugs up your intestines, then, well, it just explodes.