• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A.J. Pollock

IMO, the perfect fit to play LF and lead off. The guy is an elite defender, he's ranked 6th among all MLB OFers in DRS at the moment. Offensively, he's solid, hits for  good average, good speed and decent pop. Over a full season, he projects as a 4 win player. At the age of 27, he's in his prime and under club control until 2019.

Arizona has a logjam in the OF and have been open to trading him in the past, so I wonder if they'd move him for the right package. They need a defensive catcher and starting pitching. Thoughts ?

Edited by SoWhat

IMO, the perfect fit to play LF and lead off. The guy is an elite defender, he's ranked 6th among all MLB OFers in DRS at the moment. Offensively, he's solid, hits for  good average, good speed and decent pop. Over a full season, he projects as a 4 win player. At the age of 27, he's in his prime and under club control until 2019.

Arizona has a logjam in the OF and have been open to trading him in the past, so I wonder if they'd move him for the right package. They need a defensive catcher and starting pitching. Thoughts ?

He also gets the Angels closer to their ultimate goal of obtaining every OFer taken in the 09 draft before Mike Trout.

Iannetta, Morin or Bedrosian and Gott for Polluck and Peter O'Brien.

Shoemaker, Bandy and Morin for Pollock, Aaron Blair and Cody Reed.

Flip Blair and Reed, along with Ellis and Rhoades for Tulo. Wham Bam, we get our LFer/lead off hitter and MOTO bat :)

Again.  The Dbacks aren't going to care if we put him in LF.  They are going to want value equal to that of an elite defensive CFer.  If we pay that and then stick the guy in LF, that is not a very smart use of organizational currency.  He's not an elite speed guy, he doesn't get on base a ton and has no power.  So the main thing you are paying for is defense at a position he's not gonna play.  

The other thing is that he's club controlled and the Dbacks brass is a bit delusional about their chances to win.  They seem to think it will happen within the next couple of years so they aren't going to trade an elite defensive CFer who is pretty solid.  

I think we need to stop trying to put CFers in left or right field.  We need a bat.  Preferably someone who can hit lhed, leave the yard and get on base.  

Even the teams that are struggling aren't going to give up on the season.  So they are currently limited but really need someone.  You don't want to gut the farm in May.  If they are gonna make a move now it's gonna be someone like a David Murphy.  

Errr, I know he doesn't have elite speed, I pointed that out. I wouldn't say he has no power either, he averages about a .140 ISO, which is pretty decent 

I'm not suggesting the Angels go for him right now either. AZ has a logjam in the OF and are currently using Pollock as a platoon player, if they're out of it by the deadline then it's not hard to imagine them being open to moving him.