• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This is horrifying

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/weird-science/pouring-down-arachnids-australias-spider-rain-explained-n361006

Millions of tiny spiders recently fell from the sky in Australia, alarming residents whose properties were suddenly covered with not only the creepy critters, but also mounds of their silky threads. But that's not where the frightful news ends: Experts say that such arachnid rains aren't as uncommon as you might think.

hell-no.jpg

"Ballooning is a not-uncommon behavior of many spiders. They climb some high area and stick their butts up in the air and release silk. Then they just take off," Vetter told Live Science. "This is going on all around us all the time. We just don't notice it."

**** that.

I'd rather run across that skyscraper.

My fear of snakes comes from my inability to detect rattlers unless I'm specifically watching for them.  I tune out the sound for some reason.  Other people are always pointing them out to me, you know, like 5 feet away from my bare feet. 

I say bring on the spiders!

I blame Indiana Jones.

The bastards have no eyelids and uncomfortable texture. I'm fascinated with them, but am scared shitless. When I was a kid I had a cousin that had a snake and I'd try and condition myself and hold it for extended periods of time but would drop it.

My fear of snakes comes from my inability to detect rattlers unless I'm specifically watching for them.  I tune out the sound for some reason.  Other people are always pointing them out to me, you know, like 5 feet away from my bare feet. 

I say bring on the spiders!

Okay, I'll ask . . . What in the world are you doing that requires you to be barefoot in an area where there are rattlers? AND WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING IT?!?

Okay, I'll ask . . . What in the world are you doing that requires you to be barefoot in an area where there are rattlers? AND WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING IT?!?

That only happened once.  We were camping in the desert and it was too hot to wear socks. 

Another time, camping in the Cajon Pass area (sort of near Wrightwood) on bare ground.  I left and ten minutes later, my friends photographed a rattler where my sleeping bag was positioned the night before.