• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The House of Representatives needs a raise

In addition to their salary what other benefits do they get?  Don't they get some sort of housing allowance since they maintain two residences?  Also how many days per year do they actually work?

Screw them.  If they aren't being paid enough then quit !

Actually, please quit !

I think raising (or lowering) their salaries ought to be something the voters control.

They have the lowest approval rating in my lifetime and never work together on anything substantive. I'm also suspicious that most of them haven't had to worry about their finances like most of us in recent years.

They can go pound sand.

I'm befuddled as to why so many seem to think term limits will do anything to help this disaster.  Has it helped in California?

The reason is that it isn't the people, it is the system.

Have to say I am starting to agree with that MT.  Two days on the job, which is really a month in work time, they start to turn into your avatar. 

I'm befuddled as to why so many seem to think term limits will do anything to help this disaster.  Has it helped in California?

California has to be the weakest example of term limits there is.

It's actually sort of the opposite.  It's all the people that bitch and moan about how term limits are needed, and then either don't vote or vote for their guy because it's the other guy that's the problem.  

We don't need term limits.  We need people to get informed and vote.  

Edit: by the way, props for using "befuddled."  I love that word.

Edited by Glen

Not to mention they are entirely different animals.  The president is one person who weilds as much power (seems to grow each admin) than the 9 Justices and the 500+ congress.

Fix the system, then worry about term limits.  So glad we've ended up with new congress folk like Tom Cotton et al.