• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mad Men

I love the show but I can't really put my finger on why I love it. It's filmed beautifully and has some pretty powerful scenes. They will introduce a story line and by the end of the episode you are emotionally invested in that story line. That being said this series lends itself to being viewed multiple times because while it's great it doesn't have a ton of memorable scenes. I have zero idea how it will end. If I had to guess it will end with Don in LA.

I love the show but I can't really put my finger on why I love it. It's filmed beautifully and has some pretty powerful scenes. They will introduce a story line and by the end of the episode you are emotionally invested in that story line. That being said this series lends itself to being viewed multiple times because while it's great it doesn't have a ton of memorable scenes. I have zero idea how it will end. If I had to guess it will end with Don in LA.

That's the funny thing. If someone asked me to explain why it's good and on par with Breaking Bad, Sopranos, etc. I don't think I could do so in a simple fashion.

So many little things and complexities, but I think what most people can relate with in some fashion or are drawn to.

Spoilers.

I'm still indifferent with the finale. It's what I expected, but I'm hung up on how the entire series played out but ends with him in a yoga position humming. It just wasn't character like for him.

I've been trying to catch recaps and analysis because the early reports seem to think that's how he comes up with that Coke ad.....which means he goes back to work after saying goodbye to Peggy, which doesn't seem to fit for a closure.

I liked the rest for everyone else though. There's probably more about the Don aspect I'll come across.

Ranks right up there with the greats for me. Damn near perfect writing, settings, music....just the whole package for a show.

I love this show because it was simple, yet complex. It didn't need crazy story lines with plot twists. I could just turn on the show, sit back, relax, and enjoy the hour. I also found myself liking a lot of the characters.

As for the finale, it was OK. I felt Don's "searching for himself" journey went way too long. I found myself wanting to know more about the other characters. The person I was most happy with was Joan. Kind of wish they spent more time with Peggy and Joan's story than Don and Pete. I never found Pete's character that likeable or intriguing. I agree that the coke jingle was Don's creation while he was at the retreat. He was able to reach his max potential as an Ad Man by releasing his inner demons. As for Peg, did she quit McCann? In the final scene, there was artwork in the background with her staying up late typing that looked like a home. Normally she would stay at the office when working late and the same artwork was on the office wall.

Naw, I read a good clip about her too to feel confident about what happened.

She stayed on board and is going to shoot for that head position Don was. Stan was the art director, so I gather it's his and they are simply working together but from home and together.

Agreed with Joan. As unfulfilled I am with Dons ending, I'm very content with everyone else and more invested in their paths that I expected.

It would be overkill, but I'd like the show to have continued if the Coke ad is him. Ending it with him giving the classic Don pitch would have been epic, although his decline to rock bottom wouldn't have really made it work.

I love this show because it was simple, yet complex. It didn't need crazy story lines with plot twists. I could just turn on the show, sit back, relax, and enjoy the hour. I also found myself liking a lot of the characters.

As for the finale, it was OK. I felt Don's "searching for himself" journey went way too long. I found myself wanting to know more about the other characters. The person I was most happy with was Joan. Kind of wish they spent more time with Peggy and Joan's story than Don and Pete. I never found Pete's character that likeable or intriguing. I agree that the coke jingle was Don's creation while he was at the retreat. He was able to reach his max potential as an Ad Man by releasing his inner demons. As for Peg, did she quit McCann? In the final scene, there was artwork in the background with her staying up late typing that looked like a home. Normally she would stay at the office when working late and the same artwork was on the office wall.

My feelings exactly. 

It didn't jump time or switch eras. The show starts in 1960 and ends in 1970. All 7 seasons encompass 10 years.

The show is praised and actually does a great job of adding in social or cultural changes or the subtle changes in fashion, etc.

Elders say it's very accurate.

Great series, we watched every episode.  There were peaks and valleys like anything else but the writing and acting were always top-notch.

Just watched the finale last night.  I came away with the feeling that Peggy stayed on at McCann to be with Stan.  Joan went on to create her own company.

After finally bottoming out Don sobered up and in a moment of clarity created the Coke ad, presumably for McCann.

That scene in the group session where the guy describes his dream of being in the refrigerator, that was powerful stuff.

There were significant jumps in time that affected the storytelling and characterization negatively for me.

I acknowledged that some found it to be a strength. Good for you. I'm glad you had a show to enjoy for so long.

I said nothing about accuracy.

Sorry, I must have misread where you say large jumps in time.