• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

oxford comma

Don't get me started on when to use I vs. me.  Nobody knows what the **** they're talking about when it comes to pronoun usage. 

I had a grammar teacher who taught me to remove some of the words from the sentence to determine which one to use. That particular trick has served me well for years.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Both are grammatically fine most of the time.

The things people think are rules regarding grammar and punctuation are pretty funny. My favorite is "never end a sentence with a preposition," which is patently false.

Don't get me started on when to use I vs. me. Nobody knows what the **** they're talking about when it comes to pronoun usage.

Me tend to agree.

1) You can also sometimes add words to a sentence to figure it out.

John is smarter than me.

John is smarter than I.

Add "am" to the end, and see which makes sense. You would sound like a non-native English speaker if you ever said "John is smarter than me am." It's the word "than" that's the marker for a new subjective clause.

2) You can also sometimes replace singular pronouns with a plural pronoun to figure it out.

If the plural replacement is "we" or "they", then the singular has to be "I"

If the plural replacement is "us" or "them", then the singular has to be "me"

Next up....reflexive pronouns? lol

You are needed in Jamaica.