• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tulowitzki favors 5 teams, Angels included

Perhaps the true reality is that Tulowitzki wants to be traded. But only if he gets to go to the perfect team, or a close facsimile -- he is said to favor the YankeesGiantsDodgers andAngels. And only if he isn't the one instigating the trade.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/25186170/inside-baseball-tulo-needs-to-go-and-here-are-the-options-plus-mlb-news

So from that same article...

6. Angels: The Angels seek offense, and Tulo would represent that. They also saved $20 million when they unloaded Josh Hamilton. Tulo went to Long Beach State, which is down the road, where he was teammates with fellow L.B. State Dirtbag Jered Weaver. So he would be fine with it. But says an Angels connected person: "Not a fit."

....  Pretty sure that's like a long, "no".

One of the supposed benefits of Tulo is his power. He has two home runs so far this season, playing at Coors Field. Given his injury history and his average-at-best defense

1. His defense is not average at best. It's been gold glove caliber. 

2. His away splits aren't that bad. Career .815 OPS on the road. That would be 115 points better than Aybar's career OPS.

If the angels were to trade for him, he would immediately have a huge impact batting 3rd or 1st in the order.

The angels already have pujols for 6 more years, so they might as well go all in while he still has some productive years left.

This is a very old team and will most likely have to rebuild soon with that awful minor league system and aging roster. Their window is probably 2-3 years unless Jerry figures something out.

I'm not saying I think trading for Troy Tulowiztki makes perfect sense, but I can see the logic.

Edited by Poozy

Shoemaker will return to form and up his value by the deadline. The Angels will deal Shoe and Bedrosian to Boston for Henry Owens and Eduardo Rodriguez and flip those two along with Chris Ellis and Jeremy Rhoades for Tulo.

9ycWtQu.gif

Edited by SoWhat

And there it is; Pujols fault .

It always comes back to Pujols.

To be fair though, I was about to quote a post that mentioned Tulo batting third for us and say that would not happen with Pujols here.

It always comes back to Pujols.

To be fair though, I was about to quote a post that mentioned Tulo batting third for us and say that would not happen with Pujols here.

Aybar (Pujols little buddy) being dealt to add Tulo?

Tulo then takes the 3-spot away from Albert?

Imagine the butthurt. Not going to happen!

So you believe that Aybar will be dealt to make room for Tulo? I'm telling you that Aybar is probably going to be extended. He's not going anywhere.

I believe you will turn any and every conversation into something about Pujols.  As such I believe any opinion anyone might offer that is anything other than "because Pujols" will go in one ear and out the other, so why would anyone even bother attempting to engage you in any sort of debate?  It's time you just accept that whatever lofty expectations you had for him will not come to fruition and let it go.  Because seriously, there is nothing clever, insightful or remotely comical in dragging out the same tired "because Pujols" in every single thread.   Maybe it's just me.  There are people I tend to always read as opposed to skimming over, you're one of them, so it's possible it just sticks out to me.