• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tulowitzki favors 5 teams, Angels included

Perhaps the true reality is that Tulowitzki wants to be traded. But only if he gets to go to the perfect team, or a close facsimile -- he is said to favor the YankeesGiantsDodgers andAngels. And only if he isn't the one instigating the trade.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/25186170/inside-baseball-tulo-needs-to-go-and-here-are-the-options-plus-mlb-news

One of the supposed benefits of Tulo is his power. He has two home runs so far this season, playing at Coors Field. Given his injury history and his average-at-best defense, I had rather pass unless he comes for nearly free. He is already 30. His contract has significant potential to become another dead money deal. He is signed through 2020. For 2015-2019 he is owed $20M per season, $14M in 2020 and a $15M team option for 2021 with a $4M buyout. He will be 35 at the end of the deal and 36 in the team option year.

One of the supposed benefits of Tulo is his power. He has two home runs so far this season, playing at Coors Field. Given his injury history and his average-at-best defense, I had rather pass unless he comes for nearly free. He is already 30. His contract has significant potential to become another dead money deal. He is signed through 2020. For 2015-2019 he is owed $20M per season, $14M in 2020 and a $15M team option for 2021 with a $4M buyout. He will be 35 at the end of the deal and 36 in the team option year.

I've seen this written a couple of times about his defense. He has a 13 DWAR in his career, so to say he isn't at least average is just not giving him the credit he deserves. I don't know if I want him on the Angels, I guess it would depend on what it would cost as far as players to get him. I would still want him at 3rd or him at SS and Aybar in LF.

Reports are all over the place.  If he is indeed on the block, Angels should at least see what the asking price is. Tulo can be a top 3 player when he is at his best.  The injury history is a major concern though so maybe something can be worked out with his deal similar to what Hamilton did. Then again, Tulo is not a drug addict so he won't get special treatment.