• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you rather...

I'd like a true lead off hitter preferably left handed, then Trout, Calhoun, then Albert.

Do you really think that Scioscia has the stones to ask Albert to move down. Do you think Albert would approach Scioscia to voluntarily move down. Its not going to happen so don't waste anymore brain cells on it.

Do you really think that Scioscia has the stones to ask Albert to move down. Do you think Albert would approach Scioscia to voluntarily move down. Its not going to happen so don't waste anymore brain cells on it.

There was talk of it before this season. It will happen, don't know if it's this year or not but it will happen.

Really not a fan of Lind, I don't watch any Brewers games but I saw enough of him in Toronto. Always viewed him as a AAAA player in Toronto, I see that he's off to a nice start this year but I'd hate to buy high on Lind

With that said, anyone is better than Cron or whoever else we got. So if Revere and Lind can be had for guys like Grant Green I'd be down

Edited by CanadianHalo

There was talk of it before this season. It will happen, don't know if it's this year or not but it will happen.

Scoscia cautiously put it out there and the stubborn one didn't understand the memo. That's where Pujols should've put his pride aside and said yes Im ready to move down the lineup. Scioscia needs to just stop the spoon feeding and just do it.

Scoscia cautiously put it out there and the stubborn one didn't understand the memo. That's where Pujols should've put his pride aside and said yes Im ready to move down the lineup. Scioscia needs to just stop the spoon feeding and just do it.

Do you have some kind of link for this or did it come straight from your imagination?

Well Albert is hitting .239ba / .686ops out of the 3-spot so it is what it is. That's on Albert and Scioscia.

And everyone behind him not named Johhny G is hitting around the same, so what's your point? Come up with an actual solution with actual players that are actually performing. Go ahead and get up in arms about Johnny G batting 9th instead of 1st, it truly doesn't matter after the first inning.

I remember the article. I just wish Sosh would grow some stones to implement it.

It has nothing to do with stones, it has to do with having to work a lot of under performing players. You want to place blame to a situation where there really isn't a way to fix it with the players performing the way they are, most of them not just Albert.

Well Albert is hitting .239ba / .686ops out of the 3-spot so it is what it is. That's on Albert and Scioscia.

What is on Scioscia is the responsibility to fill the lineup card out before you start in with who bats 2nd,3rd or 4th. Last year the Angels were quite successful with Calhoun as the leadoff and there were no new qualified candidates to take that slot away from him and allow Scioscia the latitude to move anyone else in the order.

Albert's responsibility to produce from whatever position in the lineup he is placed in. Over the span of this season that hasn't been impressive but often you have to look beyond cumulative to see if there is any positive movement forward.

The last 11 game stretch Pujols has batted .275 with 2 homes runs. Trout in the same time span batted .220 with 4 home runs. The difference in RBI between the two is 1.

Now, how is switching anyone in the lineup changing that? In all the previous scenarios where they walked Trout to get to Pujols, managers would make the same move to get to Calhoun.

Back to the OP, the Angels could used a qualified leadoff hitter to allow Calhoun to move to another spot in the lineup to better utilize his bat. Crowding the bases with runners is what offers power hitters their opportunities, not the guy in the on deck circle.