• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

it's time

...to fire baylor.

As much as I liked the hiring, and thought it was a good decision to let Hatcher go, this team's offense has been stagnant last season and this year with Baylor.

In fact the team performed more consistently those 3 months Baylor was out under those other 2 guys

They are winning some games (even though they they are boring) so I guess it doesn't really matter until the pitching fails. Baylor is having to do what the other guys did which is polish turds. Firing him will not do a thing

It's been almost 25% of the season, is it really fair to still call this offense a "slump"?

Pujols is another year older, another year worse.  Aybar is having another one of his off seasons and isn't getting any younger.  Cron is continuing his run of mediocrity in the bigs, and Iannetta looks to be pretty much washed up (at least Perez seems to be ready).  Rinse and repeat with Freese, Joyce, etc.  I don't expect Pujols to hit .240, Freese to hit .210 and Joyce to hit .140 for the rest of the year but they sure haven't shown much progress either.

I guess it wasn't fair to expect Joyce and Iannetta to be THIS bad, but basically every position player on the team is doing worse (most MUCH worse) than last year barring the usual standouts of Calhoun and Trout.  This on top of the fact that we don't steal bags and also have the lowest SLG and OBP in the AL by a pretty wide margin, and you can see why we are one of the most boring teams in the league to watch.  Given our offensive performance thus far, I can't believe we are actually a .500 team.

What truly causes a 34 game team hitting slump?

Most of the players gripping the bat too hard, and trying to make too much happen?

The AL West pitching ain't THAT good, and neither is the Rockies staff.

Lack of overall talent at LF and DH. So if we want to talk about slow starts we are talking about Freese, Aybar, Albert and Iannetta.

Lack of overall talent at LF and DH. So if we want to talk about slow starts we are talking about Freese, Aybar, Albert and Iannetta.

At this rate we.will have a new DH and left fielder by the All Star break. The market just hasn't developed yet for someone worthwhile.