• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

State takes kids away from parents

I'll play devil's advocate. Are you ok with babies/toddlers/children living somewhere in a crude shelter with no heat?

Have you ever been to Appalachia?  Do you have any idea how many poor people don't have heat?

so yes, I am ok with it.  I am much more ok with that than the government taking kids away simply because they don't agree with the way kids are being raised. 

I guess the first question is, is that their plot of land that they are living on. If it is then they need to be living in a primary structure with, yes, toilets and fire sprinklers. Unless the state of Kentucky doesn't have those standards.

If it's not their plot of land then it's trespassing.

I guess the first question is, is that their plot of land that they are living on. If it is then they need to be living in a primary structure with, yes, toilets and fire sprinklers. Unless the state of Kentucky doesn't have those standards.

If it's not their plot of land then it's trespassing.

What if they can't afford that?

I am honestly surprised this is your take on this.

If they can't afford basic living conditions then I would advise them not to have 11 kids

This is a fine statement but completely irrelevant unless you support forced sterilization.

Bottom line is I still think the kids are better off with their parents than being split up and put into the "system".  Things should be extremely grave to take children away from their parents.

Like not having basic living conditions.

Do you really believe its better to have heat than the love and support of your parents and company of your siblings?

Ask kids who've been in the system how that worked for them.

Basic immenities do not make up for a parental bond.

Besides, what happens when the state decides that homeschooling your kids is enough to take them away?  Or any kind of deviation from the norm is enough to take them away?

I don't read in the story anywhere that the children were unhealthy in any way.  Do you?

The mom looks tired in that picture.  I think she was trying to remember what it was like to not be in labor. 

my grandmother (mom's mom) delivered 9 children and had a couple of miscarriages. we once figured out that she was pregnant at some point for something like eleven or twelve consecutive years.

my grandmother (mom's mom) delivered 9 children and had a couple of miscarriages. we once figured out that she was pregnant at some point for something like eleven or twelve consecutive years.

My Grandmother had 9 kids (My Mom was third oldest) including 12 total preganancies and 2 miscarriages and 1 who died a month after birth.  Basically 20 years worth of preganancies...pretty amazing and she is turning 92 this August.  Thank God I have those genes.