• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The first hall of famer from the Angels will be...

Did Andre Dawson have any dominant tenure with another team? My argument is just based on the Expos no longer existing. It's based on the fact that he was dominant for two franchises and one still exists

Yes, Dawson's only MVP (like Vlad's) came with the Cubs. Not that it matters, but he also made the All-Star team 5 times with the Cubs, as opposed to 3 with Montreal.

So, in the basis of your argument, Dawson was dominant for two franchises. But he was elected to the HOF wearing the cap of the team that no longer exists.

Vlad will almost certainly go in as an Expo.

Well if Dawson most successful years were with the Cubs why did he go in as an Expo?

Yes, Dawson's only MVP (like Vlad's) came with the Cubs. Not that it matters, but he also made the All-Star team 5 times with the Cubs, as opposed to 3 with Montreal.

So, in the basis of your argument, Dawson was dominant for two franchises. But he was elected to the HOF wearing the cap of the team that no longer exists.

Arte has to start kissing Vladdy's ass

He had most of his seasons with the Expos, and that is the team he is best known for. Whether he was more "successful" as a Cub is debatable, but by the same standards you could say Vlad was more successful as an Angel because of his MVP, won more silver slugger awards, and had the same amount of ASG appearances.

I'm not sure what the new parameters are for deciding the hat a player wears into the hall, but it seems to be based on the team the player was best known as playing for, or who he played the most years for. For Vlad, that is the Expos.

The fact that the Expos are no longer in existence obviously will play no factor in the decision, as it didn't for Dawson.

Andre Dawson's best years were clearly with the Cubs -- he played longer for the Expos and posted more career stats there but overall, Dawson really only had ONE real stellar season and that was his MVP year with the Cubs -- his other seasons with the Cubs were pretty good, too.

I thought he should have gone in as a Cub - may be they picked the team with the most World Championships since 1905 -- Expos ZERO, Cubs ZERO, tie goes to the Expos --- they won ZERO championships in fewer seasons........

Andre Dawson's best years were clearly with the Cubs -- he played longer for the Expos and posted more career stats there but overall, Dawson really only had ONE real stellar season and that was his MVP year with the Cubs -- his other seasons with the Cubs were pretty good, too.

I thought he should have gone in as a Cub - may be they picked the team with the most World Championships since 1905 -- Expos ZERO, Cubs ZERO, tie goes to the Expos --- they won ZERO championships in fewer seasons........

Not "clearly" at all, actually. His top 2 OPS+ seasons came with the Expos, as did his top 4 WAR seasons. He also had 5 20/20 seasons with the Expos, 0 with the Cubs. He topped 30 doubles just once with Chicago, while he did it 4 times with Montreal.

Yeah I'm cherry picking stats here, but I'm just showing that he wasn't "clearly" better with the Cubs. I don't think he was clearly better with either team, but if I had to choose, I'd say he was better with Montreal.

well his MVP season with the Cubs was truly a stellar career year.

he had something like 225 HRs in 11 seasons with the Expos and 175 HR in 5 with the Cubs.

I think his per season average was better with the Cubs.

could have tossed a coin on this one --arguably it was his MVP season with the Cubs that pushed him over the top in HOF voting.

Gary Carter -- clearly an Expo -- the most years there and was an icon there.

I've been sort of questioning of Carter's induction -- but looking at his stats -- he had 19 years mostly at the catching position, 2,092 hits and 324 HRs......his career BA was .262......for a catcher -- not bad.......so I'm sort of changing my mind on whether he should have been voted in or not -- one thing is for sure -- if he's IN, Piazza has to be IN soon.

well his MVP season with the Cubs was truly a stellar career year.

he had something like 225 HRs in 11 seasons with the Expos and 175 HR in 5 with the Cubs.

I think his per season average was better with the Cubs.

could have tossed a coin on this one --arguably it was his MVP season with the Cubs that pushed him over the top in HOF voting.

Gary Carter -- clearly an Expo -- the most years there and was an icon there.

I've been sort of questioning of Carter's induction -- but looking at his stats -- he had 19 years mostly at the catching position, 2,092 hits and 324 HRs......his career BA was .262......for a catcher -- not bad.......so I'm sort of changing my mind on whether he should have been voted in or not -- one thing is for sure -- if he's IN, Piazza has to be IN soon.

I agree with the first part, but his MVP season didn't push anything because he went in as an Expo...