• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The first hall of famer from the Angels will be...

WOW, a lot of regulars on this board will certainly disagree with you.

Personally I have always been high on KROD and thought it was a mistake for the Angels to let him walk for a mere 1 million in savings.  However, it is very tough to get to the Hall as a relief pitcher.

K-Rod. Hes already set the single season saves record and will probably get to 500 saves by the end of his career.

I used to think this would be the case but he hasn't been dominant in the last several years. He would have to end up with 500+ saves and I am not sure that will happen. Sadly the first one will be Trout. If GA would have continued to stay healthy he would have been our first.

what does it take for a manager to get in?

it could be Scioscia who should get in as a manager and for what he has accomplished as a manager and as a player combined.

As a player, Sosh's career numbers (even his rep as one of the best ever in blocking the plate something not allowed anymore in the game they still call baseball) don't get him there (although if Gary Carter is IN, closer than one might think). 

But as  a manager he gets in and as a manager/ player combination he would get in in m book.

I think Trout is the first true Angels player to get in (would be Salmon but he never made an All Star team let alone have numbers for the HOF -- GA probably has better career stats and he's not getting in).

K-Rod may have a shot with the combination of his 62 single season saves record (I was at that game!) and then 500 saves and one other major factor which could push him in -- the decline in milestone type career numbers by others during his era.........quite simply, K-Rod may be the saves leader for the group of closers who played during his time.

Vlad gets in -- as an Expo.

I don't see how vlad should go in as an expo. That team no longer exists. It would be different if Vladdy was clearly a has been as an Angel. However he won a mvp as an Angel and was clearly one of the most dominant players during his tenure. Yes his best years was with the Expos but his MVP and four playoff experience was with the Angels. And the Angels still exists.

I don't see how vlad should go in as an expo. That team no longer exists. It would be different if Vladdy was clearly a has been as an Angel. However he won a mvp as an Angel and was clearly one of the most dominant players during his tenure. Yes his best years was with the Expos but his MVP and four playoff experience was with the Angels. And the Angels still exists.

Very well said.

While I agree, Andre Dawson got in as an Expo in 2010, 6 years after the Expos changed to the Nationals. Vlad will almost certainly go in the same way.

Did Andre Dawson have any dominant tenure with another team? My argument is just based on the Expos no longer existing. It's based on the fact that he was dominant for two franchises and one still exists

While I agree, Andre Dawson got in as an Expo in 2010, 6 years after the Expos changed to the Nationals. Vlad will almost certainly go in the same way.

Did Andre Dawson have any dominant tenure with another team? My argument is just based on the Expos no longer existing. It's based on the fact that he was dominant for two franchises and one still exists

Yes Andre Dawson won the MVP on a last place Cubs team. Vlad will go in an Expos and he probably should. The Angels don't have a HOFer but if we had the same rules as we do now then Nolan would be in the Hall as an Angel.

Actually he probably wouldn't care now. That was a money deal with the Rangers, a team that he had a falling out with.

Although if he could change it, he'd probably go Astros next.

Prick.

Then Mets

Of course, we're assuming Trout doesn't sign with the Yankees in six years and have a sterling ten-year run with them.

We need to empty the cash drawer and extend him before his contract expires.

We could get two 4WAR guys for less money than what it would take to re sign Trout. Edited by ScottLux

Of course, we're assuming Trout doesn't sign with the Yankees in six years and have a sterling ten-year run with them.

We need to empty the cash drawer and extend him before his contract expires.

There's no way Trout will re-sign with the Angels after the Hamilton situation and considering the Angels haven't gone "all in" with him on the team.

There's no way Trout will re-sign with the Angels after the Hamilton situation and considering the Angels haven't gone "all in" with him on the team.

Don't forget he's still fuming that they only gave him a modest raise after year 1.

Scioscia should already be in the Hall of Fame just based on the fact he got a ten year contract extension.  Arte thinks that much of him, I guess.

He's still the highest paid, per season... tied with Maddon, Bochy.  

Only Maddon has more years left on his deal... six years after Scioscia's extension went into effect.

Mind boggling.