• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Report: Barry Bonds to file case accusing MLB teams of collusion

Way too many hypotheticals, though this entire thread suffers from this problem.

of course.  but if we are hypothesizing a WS win with the addition of bonds then is it really a stretch to speculate it would have cost us trout?  

for every hindsight argument, there are thousands of potential ripples that could result in things being different than they are now so it's pretty much pointless.  

Bonds is right here. When you consider the players who are able to hang around and collect paychecks, it seems odd that Bonds wasn't able to find such work. There were never talks about his salary demands being too high. I also don't buy the reputation proceeds him argument. There are plenty of players who play the game that are aloof and provide less upside than Bonds did.

With that said, good luck proving it.

Bonds is right here. When you consider the players who are able to hang around and collect paychecks, it seems odd that Bonds wasn't able to find such work. There were never talks about his salary demands being too high. I also don't buy the reputation proceeds him argument. There are plenty of players who play the game that are aloof and provide less upside than Bonds did.

With that said, good luck proving it.

I wonder when Canseco files a lawsuit, it was pretty obvious he was blackballed.  Guy was only 36, coming off a decent 117 OPS+ season, he had never posted an OPS below 106 and only twice was it below 110.  Unfortunately for Canseco when the PED talk started in earnest he was very vocal in his support for them and his beliefs that some were beneficial.  While Bonds and everyone else was lying and covering up, Canseco was advocating their usage and he got shafted for it.

Canseco was an asshat, and he admittedly hid his usage but at least he took a public stance, a very unpopular one and he was condemned for it by everyone, players and and owners alike.  If not for Canseco, I doubt MLB goes to the lengths it has to "get clean".

• 3 months later...

QM is about to shit himself

Dont really care about all the court stuff.  For the record I dont are about Bonds or any athlete personally, Bonds was my favorite player on the field though.  My opinion stands I think you put Bonds on the division winning Angels in the mid 2000's, we probably have another World Series.

To the guy who said having Bonds means we dont trade for Tex and get the pick to draft Trout, I dont see why we wouldnt trade for Tex.  In fact we probably would have had even more of a reason to make that trade.  We needed a 1st basemen and Tex was a great fit.  If we had Tex Vlad and Bonds in the middle of that lineup it would be pretty hard to convince yourself that isnt a World Series winning lineup.  

Edited by QuinlansMinion

"Collusion" suggests that all of these teams actively got together and decided not to sign Bonds -- and that there would have been some financial benefit for it. The case was rightfully decided for MLB.

So the teams didn't want to take on someone who was a substantial player in a major doping scandal, was reportedly a poison in the clubhouse, had complicated licensing agreements and would have cost an arm and a leg. Quelle surprise.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

I sleep so well at night, even when everything in life seems like it's falling to pieces, just keeping in the back of my head, that Barry Bonds has NEVER won a World Series, no matter what bullshit personal records he's achieved, most especially, because of my favorite baseball team, the 2002 Anaheim Angels. Taking it away from him in 2002, in such a dramatic fashion, I will die a happy man, no matter what has come after, just because of that.

I sleep so well at night, even when everything in life seems like it's falling to pieces, just keeping in the back of my head, that Barry Bonds has NEVER won a World Series, no matter what bullshit personal records he's achieved, most especially, because of my favorite baseball team, the 2002 Anaheim Angels. Taking it away from him in 2002, in such a dramatic fashion, I will die a happy man, no matter what has come after, just because of that.

Wow. Resentment much? Truth is, Barry sleeps very well at night. He has no idea who you are, and would likely laugh at your grudge against him.

And the guy murdered us in that WS, he just didnt have team chemistry like the Angels, and frankly, they could have easily won that WS, without that epic game 6. You would hate him even more if he had the ring. But he'd still have no idea who you are, nor care.

Wow. Resentment much? Truth is, Barry sleeps very well at night. He has no idea who you are, and would likely laugh at your grudge against him.

And the guy murdered us in that WS, he just didnt have team chemistry like the Angels, and frankly, they could have easily won that WS, without that epic game 6. You would hate him even more if he had the ring. But he'd still have no idea who you are, nor care.

Bonds balls slapping against your chin much?

To each his own.

No ring for him = I smile

Bonds balls slapping against your chin much?

To each his own.

No ring for him = I smile

Bonds' balls slap on my chin because you're a petulant child?

Bonds OPS was 1.045 his last season. He offered AL teams a spot at the major league minimum. Clearly there was something against him. Was it collusion, probably not. But there was a whole lot of stupidity out there.

Bonds doesn't strike me as a guy who pines for the ring, like some of these others. The dude won like 7 MVPs, and if you were at those games in 02, his bombs were amazing.

I don't know how old you are, but you probably are like a lot of those fans in the 20s, who hated Ruth, the premier player in the game, who at times was bigger than the sport.

They couldn't have been happy to have seen one of the best players to ever play the game. Bonds resides in that category, like him or not.

His trophy case is probably bigger than your home.

Dont really care about all the court stuff. For the record I dont are about Bonds or any athlete personally, Bonds was my favorite player on the field though. My opinion stands I think you put Bonds on the division winning Angels in the mid 2000's, we probably have another World Series.

To the guy who said having Bonds means we dont trade for Tex and get the pick to draft Trout, I dont see why we wouldnt trade for Tex. In fact we probably would have had even more of a reason to make that trade. We needed a 1st basemen and Tex was a great fit. If we had Tex Vlad and Bonds in the middle of that lineup it would be pretty hard to convince yourself that isnt a World Series winning lineup.

I still think without the comp pick from NYY for Tex that the Angels draft Trout instead of Grichuk

Bonds' balls slap on my chin because you're a petulant child?

Bonds OPS was 1.045 his last season. He offered AL teams a spot at the major league minimum. Clearly there was something against him. Was it collusion, probably not. But there was a whole lot of stupidity out there.

Bonds doesn't strike me as a guy who pines for the ring, like some of these others. The dude won like 7 MVPs, and if you were at those games in 02, his bombs were amazing.

I don't know how old you are, but you probably are like a lot of those fans in the 20s, who hated Ruth, the premier player in the game, who at times was bigger than the sport.

They couldn't have been happy to have seen one of the best players to ever play the game. Bonds resides in that category, like him or not.

His trophy case is probably bigger than your home.

Yes, I'm sure he's quite content with all the individual awards he earned for himself...just like his reputation and legacy which is why he couldn't find a job after his own team didn't want him a league minimum Edited by mulwin444

I still think without the comp pick from NYY for Tex that the Angels draft Trout instead of Grichuk

They openly admitted that they drafted Trout out of order so they could negotiate a lower signing bonus.

Yes, I'm sure he's quite content with all the individual awards he earned for himself...just like his reputation and legacy which is why he couldn't find a job after his own team didn't want him a league minimum

No question him being an asshole was THE factor. Still stupid some teams didn't touch him. He'd still hit 40 bombs on that Yankee Stadium short porch.

There was a statement from the Angels about this? 

Upon further review the Angels mentioned that Trout was the higher pick on their draftboard. The situation with the signing bonus was reasonable speculation.