• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Well done FOX11 News

What I think surprised me the most is how long the damn plane kept sliding on the tarmac. It didn't wanna stop!

I have a buddy who's a pilot and he says this kind of stuff is bread and butter for pilots, and in fact, he's still looking forward to his first landing with one of the jets out just cause "he wants to try it without it being a simulation." Pilots are so good and these planes are so safe, even with a jet out he says it'd be a smooth landing and the passengers wouldn't even be aware of it.

What I think surprised me the most is how long the damn plane kept sliding on the tarmac. It didn't wanna stop!

I have a buddy who's a pilot and he says this kind of stuff is bread and butter for pilots, and in fact, he's still looking forward to his first landing with one of the jets out just cause "he wants to try it without it being a simulation." Pilots are so good and these planes are so safe, even with a jet out he says it'd be a smooth landing and the passengers wouldn't even be aware of it.

Your buddy is a f*cking idiot.

With all due respect.

You should hear them on their two-way radios talking between the field and the studios. Profanity is a regular part of their conversations.

That's not really true. And back in the day when you had to use the frequency before speaking you'd be suspended if you swore on the radio.

Now profanity is very common in the field and in the studio and over the phone. But not so much on the two ways.

That sounds like it was Rick Dickert. Nowadays everyone shares choppers except channel 7 I think.

But yes some of the TV pilots are real blowhards. Captain Bob Pettee, anyone remember him? He was a real piece of work.

Larry Welk, who I think is the best of them, is actually a really humble guy. Very good at what he does without the ego.

That's not really true. And back in the day when you had to use the frequency before speaking you'd be suspended if you swore on the radio.

Now profanity is very common in the field and in the studio and over the phone. But not so much on the two ways.

I admit, I don't listen to the field freqs very much. 

The last few times I have, I did hear an F you, some other profanity, and lots of arguing.