• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Former Angels Alert: Luis Jimenez, Kevin Gregg, Jose Rondon, Taylor Lindsey, etc.

Yes we should have. it's a no brainer

Colon > noodle arm Weaver , race car driver wilson, 1 hit wonder Shoemaker, & cj santiago.

So we should have kept Colon on the staff for 2 above average season in a 7 year span?

Here you go. Because there's no way in hell you'd be saying that if you looked at his numbers.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/colonba01.shtml

So we should have kept Colon on the staff for 2 above average season in a 7 year span?

Here you go. Because there's no way in hell you'd be saying that if you looked at his numbers.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/colonba01.shtml

After his last season with oakland the angels should have made a run at him but he ended up with the Mets.

Yes I would choose him over half the current sp staff.

Yea probably so. I am just assuming, but perhaps Arte looks at cheating different than he does an addict.

Drugs are drugs imo...wether it's to get a high or to hopefully perform better (on the field). Both have had checkered past just doesn't make sense to take a gamble on one ( for a lot more millions) and not the other then use the excuse "we didn't want him bc he tested positive for (insert drug here)."

Yes we should have. it's a no brainer

Colon > noodle arm Weaver , race car driver wilson, 1 hit wonder Shoemaker, & cj santiago.

you obviously didn't watch colon pitch in Anaheim.  They is on the juice.  Period.  That is the only way you can improve like he did in his 40's.  Its is against the laws of nature to improve your athletic ability in the 40's.  Unless your juiced.  I don't care how good he is pitching it is an embarrassment to major league baseball that he is still pitching.  Thank God he isn't an embarrassment to the Angels.

After his last season with oakland the angels should have made a run at him but he ended up with the Mets.

Yes I would choose him over half the current sp staff.

Oooooh right on. Thought you meant we never should have let him go.

• 1 month later...

R.J. Alvarez, Johnny Hellweg, Ariel Pena, Jairo Diaz, A.J. Schugel, Nick Maronde, Mark Sappington are all not faring very well.

Borenstein has rebounded in AA after struggling mightily in AAA.

Yency Almonte (PTBNL for Beckham) is doing alright in A ball for the Sox as a starter.

Michael Clevinger (dealt for Pestano) is doing great in AA for Cleveland.

Michael Roth is doing alright in the Cleveland system as well.

Joey Krehbiel (also dealt for Thatcher) doing well in ARZ's AA (2.95 era in relief).

I guess that the value of Rondons has gone south? 

O'Day is the only one in the bunch that it pisses me off that we let him go (via Rule 5).

He's been really good for 6 out of 7 seasons (hurt for much of 2011), since being left unprotected by the Halos after 2008.

ERA has been 2.28 or better every season since 2009, except for 2011.

Who the heck did we protect, to leave him off of the 40 man roster?

Edited by Angel Oracle

I think Rondon got promoted to AA.  he started in A ball.  Struggling now though.  

• 1 month later...