• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time To Demote Cron?

According to milb.com Green is batting .319 with 30 hits in 21 games. That's not struggling...

He was hitting .380 like 2 weeks ago.

A .791 overall OPS with 1 walk isn't impressive in Salt Lake.

We probably shouldn't replace Cron with another version of him.

Edited by Poozy

He's hardly another version of Cron. As mentioned he was batting high .200s last year when he was up. And he certainly seems to be producing more than Cron, Navarro or Joyce. He did well in the two games he played this season. Why not give him a month or so up to see what he can do?

I thought Green should have made the 25 man roster out of ST.

Cron has a sweet swing and did well during his initial September call up (was that in 2014?) but then the MLB pitchers started throwing him off-speed pitches and the result is Cron is barely hitting ,200.

Green was up for a bit with us -- but that was short lived.

Meanwhile -- where does Featherson (spelling?) fit in with the Halos long term???  I'll repeat what I said at the end of ST -- Unless Featherson is expected to the Halos starter at 2B or SS in the years to come -- why use a roster spot for him all of 2015 just to keep him because he's a Rule 5 guy???

Green probably could have helped us more already than Featherson has this season...........and we have another ex-Colorado Rockies MIF at SLC who we don't have to give back and can be our 4-A depth player -- Rutledge.

Oh well. Front office knows best.......I guess........but IF we keep Featherson all 2015 and he gets what? 150 ABs, plays in about 70 games as a PR/ late inning defensive guy -- he'd better be playing 162 games in a starting role for us for 2016-2019 or so.  Otherwise, why are we keeping him again?

WOW a slump from .380 to .318 the guy must be a bum!

Green has proven he can hit on the mlb level. 

I thought Green should have made the 25 man roster out of ST.

Cron has a sweet swing and did well during his initial September call up (was that in 2014?) but then the MLB pitchers started throwing him off-speed pitches and the result is Cron is barely hitting ,200.

Green was up for a bit with us -- but that was short lived.

Meanwhile -- where does Featherson (spelling?) fit in with the Halos long term???  I'll repeat what I said at the end of ST -- Unless Featherson is expected to the Halos starter at 2B or SS in the years to come -- why use a roster spot for him all of 2015 just to keep him because he's a Rule 5 guy???

Green probably could have helped us more already than Featherson has this season...........and we have another ex-Colorado Rockies MIF at SLC who we don't have to give back and can be our 4-A depth player -- Rutledge.

Oh well. Front office knows best.......I guess........but IF we keep Featherson all 2015 and he gets what? 150 ABs, plays in about 70 games as a PR/ late inning defensive guy -- he'd better be playing 162 games in a starting role for us for 2016-2019 or so.  Otherwise, why are we keeping him again?

They are obviously high on Featherston.  Otherwise, your right, why keep him.  Maybe they like his ceiling and want to keep him.  

Green can't play SS at a major league level and Featherston can. At least, in the eyes of the Angels front office.

If Featherston loses his job, it will be to Rutledge before its to Green.

But wouldn't Green be considered more as a Cron/Joyce/Cowgill replacement, platoon or utility player, and thus be in outfield or 1B? He's been fine in those spots.