• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time To Demote Cron?

Con needs to go down. No argument there. Promote Green and Navarro when you don't need the extra pen arm. Then platoon Joyce with Green at DH and Green with Navarro at LF.

if Joyce doesn't snap out of it than DFA him.

In fact it is time to let go anyone that is hitting below 200.

Edited by stormngt

Green must have really pissed someone off not being able to crack a lineup with Joyce and Cron on it.

Green must have really pissed someone off not being able to crack a lineup with Joyce and Cron on it.

I've wondered why he's been passed over this year. Seems as though he was doing fine when he was briefly up last month, and had good defense.

I've wondered why he's been passed over this year. Seems as though he was doing fine when he was briefly up last month, and had good defense.

Especially when the offense has been so bad. If you don't want to play him now, then I doubt they ever will.

I agree, he has all the symptoms of a AAAA guy. Not to mention he is a terrific A-hole (well, at least he was to my daughter last year), so....see ya 'Cronie'. I just hope they wait until after 5/18 to do it. I have season tix here in Reno right next to the visitors dugout, and our first Bees games are the 16th-18th. I'd hate for him to ruin our night again like last year when my daughter asked him for an autograph. Every other dude on that team was cool as hell though, Grant Green, Taylor Lindsey, and Matt Long in particular. They all took photos, signed her ball, Matt even gave her his batting gloves, great kid. CJ comes into the dugout after stretching dropping F Bombs at the top of his lungs, so one of the other players kinda grabbed him and pointed towards my kid and a couple other boys that were by us to tell him to keep it down. He then yells louder "I don't give a F**K!!!". The other dude just walked away shaking his head. I didn't care that he was cussing so much, hell, my kid has grown up with me in the house! What bothered me is that he acted like just like a total punk, full-on coach's kid attitude. A couple innings later, she asked him for an autograph right after Lucho gave her his. She got as far as "Mr. Cron, can I please have your auto..NOPE!!! he said, then turned around and walked away. Total dickhead, this guy. Dude needs his ass whipped, I think. He lost a couple of loyal Angel fans forever that night, so I wouldn't mind seeing him go down to SLC and tear it up for a month before being part of a package for a real bat. This is all my opinion though, but that really did happen, so I wanted to share.

I hate it when people complain about not getting an autograph. Please temper your disappointment.

I'd like to see the Angels give Kubitza a shot to ignite the offense as a DH right now. 

As of right now he's at...

AVG .311

OBP .373

SLG .492

OPS .865

He's striking out a little too much for my taste, and his BABIP is extremely high and due to regress, but he's still been quality against top competition in Minors as evidenced by his .285 AVG and 52 BB :80 SO in about 300 plate appearances against Top 20 pitching prospects.

Meanwhile Cron is in a massive slump and needs to find his groove down in AAA. When the best thing about a Cron at bat is his walkup music, then you know he needs to work on a few things.

Especially when the offense has been so bad. If you don't want to play him now, then I doubt they ever will.

Yeah. I mean, here's a guy who averaged .333 in the two games he played this year. In a grand total of SIX ABs when he was briefly up, he accomplished the same number of runs that Matt Joyce has accomplished in 93 ABs, and only two less than CJ Cron has had in 82 ABs. He had a .270ish average last season when he was up. He's got good defense.

And yet they're keeping him in AAA and keeping players like Cron, batting in the .100s, in the lineup. It just doesn't compute. Did Green actually piss someone off? 

Edited by AngelsSurfer

Cron has to have options.  Send him down to regather himself.  Green will do better than what we are getting now.  It is a puzzling issue on why he is still up.

Right now in the back of the lineup we have Joyce, Cron, and Ianetta, are basically given outs away.

Navarro is also terrible. He in limited action is hitting : .211 with a .513 OPS. Cowgill is doing better, but he is also doing terrible.

The whole team isn't hitting. Except for Kole Calhoun and Mike Trout. Also Freese is doing okay.

Giaviotella hit well to start the year but now he's even dropped below a .700 OPS. The league average hitter is right around .695 so far this season. 

They are doing worse in May than they did in April. 

For a team that had basically the same personnel, and led the league in hitting last year, they just shouldn't be this bad.

I hate it when people complain about not getting an autograph. Please temper your disappointment.

It wasn't about not getting an autograph. It was the complete discourtesy shown toward a child, and him continuing to yell profanity around children even after teammates tried to get him to stop.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

True, rarely though has a group of MLB hitters sucked for such an extended time, especially after leading MLB in runs scored in 2014.

Something is causing so many to slump so much for such a long time.

I wonder what they all have in common?

the wRC+ for 2014:

kendrick 115

hamilton 113

Iannetta 126

Pujols  124

Freese 103

Aybar 101 

Cowgill 103

Cron 113

for 2015:

Giav 104

Joyce 9

Iannetta 1

Pujols 95

Cron 42

Aybar 58

So overall, expected from from Kendrick to Gia.  Hopefully it stays where it's at.  

Trout, Freese, and Calhoun are about the same.

But the rest of the guys combined are making about 1 to 1.25 more outs per 10 plate appearances vs. what they did last year.  

In other words, those 6 guys are costing us about an innings worth of extra outs per game vs. what was happening last year.