• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Gameday Thread: 5/10 vs Astros: Joyce hitting cleanup

There's a British TV comedy called Blackadder, it's a classic and series 4 is set in WWI. In the first episode, Captain Blackadder is called into HQ to get a secret mission to turn the tide of the trench war stalemate.

Blackadder: "Let me guess, everyone is going to get out of the trenches and walk very slowly towards the enemy".

Captain Darling: "How could you possibly know that, Blackadder, that's top secret information".

Blackadder:"It's what we've done 18 times before..."

General Melchet:"Exactly. Which is why they won't be expecting it...totally catching the sleeping Hun off guard."

Batting Joyce 4th is sending soldiers out of the trench for the 19th time

Iannetta and Joyce in the same lineup.

I think its humorous that it actually matters where Joyce hits. Wherever it hits, it is a void.

I don't blame Sosh for that, I blame Dipoto.

Sosh could put out a lineup like this:

Giavotella

Trout

Calhoun

Pujols

Freese

Joyce

Aybar

Iannetta/Perez

I know, it's rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic but it still looks a lot better than what Scioscia is throwing out there.

Giavotella

Trout

Calhoun

Pujols

Freese

Joyce

Aybar

Iannetta/Perez

I know, it's rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic but it still looks a lot better than what Scioscia is throwing out there.

Top heavy.

*ducks*

Giavotella

Trout

Calhoun

Pujols

Freese

Joyce

Aybar

Iannetta/Perez

Yea Glen I like that line up, but like you said, until a few more guys start hitting it is basically rearranging chairs on the Titanic. I wonder if Sosh thinks Joyce will see more fastballs with the possibility of Trout being on base.

How dare you question the greatness of Scioscia.  Arte has 100% faith in him and you should too.

In all seriousness, why do people still get annoyed with Scioscia's lineups?  Unless you are a brand new Angels fan, you have been seeing rip your hair out lineups for years now.  Why does it still surprise you?

Once again....the MAD GENIUS is slowly losing his mind (or maybe it started when he tried to squeeze home Reggie Willits with FUBAR batting in Boston...but I digress).

Here we have a CLUTCH hitting catcher - first since BENGIE MOLINA - and he continues to smooth Ian-nada's feelings by starting him.

WHY?

Plus - he's giving Matt "Hole in the bat" Joyce the Steve Finely treatment.

When will the Cookie Monster start thinking like Billy Martin and stop worrying about players feelings? You're losing the division to Houston....Man up Skip.

More This:102_billy_martin-300x300.jpg

Than this:4181c8ffe90e41a69ec52c0a4cf97feb.png

Iannetta was starting today no matter what happened last night.  Day game after a night game, the other catcher (almost) always starts.  I seem to remember one time that didn't happen, and I think there was an earthquake that day or something.

Once again....the MAD GENIUS is slowly losing his mind (or maybe it started when he tried to squeeze home Reggie Willits with FUBAR batting in Boston...but I digress).

Here we have a CLUTCH hitting catcher - first since BENGIE MOLINA - and he continues to smooth Ian-nada's feelings by starting him.

WHY?

Plus - he's giving Matt "Hole in the bat" Joyce the Steve Finely treatment.

When will the Cookie Monster start thinking like Billy Martin and stop worrying about players feelings? You're losing the division to Houston....Man up Skip.

More This:102_billy_martin-300x300.jpg

Than this:4181c8ffe90e41a69ec52c0a4cf97feb.png

Hey JoJo, of all the respected managers in the game today name one that is abbrasive like Billy Martin was. The game has changed and their aren't guys like that anymore whether it is right or wrong, their just isn't. The most recent guy that was similar was Ozzie Guillen, and he was a joke. Let's think about the managers that are the most respected in the game. You got Bochy, Showalter, Maddon, Francona, Matheny and Scioscia. I am sure I am missing some and I am sure there are people on here that don't agree wtih Sosh being on that list just like on message boards for all of those other teams there are fans that don't like the ones I have mentioned. But, none of those guys are the call out your players or in your face type managers. I am sure I am missing one or two more aggressive managers, but that really isn't how it is any more. Gone are the days of the Martin's, despite the fact that Collin's is having success. He is the exception and not the rule anymore. Also, from a distance, he looks like he has changed.