• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thanks, Albert Pujols

Chuck

I don't see the Halos retiring Vlad's number since some other rock star is wearing it.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that guy.

They could retire his smile. Like a Cheshire Vlad that lights up when we score.

Or when Vlad scores.

Put it up on the Escobar tripod in the new Park.

If you expect him to contribute every game than you really don't watch baseball.

But than again I have already accepted that we ate getting the "retiring" Puljos and that the hall of fame Puljos.

Pujols is supposed to pick up guys and not go 0-5. Yes, Shoe struggled but Albert had plenty of opportunities to erase that. You should expect your 3 hitting hall of famers to contribute. I guess my standards are too high.

Call me naive but I have more confidence in Pujols improving than Gia continuing to hit well. Plus you forget that those at the bottom haven't hit their weight. Part of making a lineup is to try to get hitters on base in front of your best hitter.

Very true, and this ain't the Shoe we saw in 2014, save for one start.

But there are many reasons to be frustrated with someone brought here to slug the ball, and instead has given the Halos maybe 5-6 good months in 3.2 seasons.

At least try to hit Johnny G., Trout, Calhoun, and Pujols 1-2-3-4, and see what happens.

Freese has disappeared again, that doesn't help matters any.

"At least try to hit Johnny G., Trout, Calhoun, and Pujols 1-2-3-4, and see what happens."

This is exactly how I would like to see it as well. The question is can Kole hit at the 3 hole? I think he's a number 2 hitter ideally but I think you gotta stick with Trout at the 2. I like Freese a lot better at the 5 spot as well.

Edited by Angelsfirst

Babe Ruth struck out three times in a game 24 different times. He also had a fair share of 0-4 and even some 0-5 games. I wonder what Yankee fans were saying back then.

They were more concerned about when Wally Pip would come off the DL.

I'm not one of the guys that equates his performance to his salary. You'd have to ask those guys.

But you're smart enough to know that Pujols' salary could've been used to get a couple of pretty good bats in the lineup. Maybe even another front line pitcher. Albert Pujols is famous and is legendary in St Louis but all that didn't make the trip to Anaheim. He's tying up a lot of money but not bringing much to show for it.

He looked absolutely overmatched against an average pitcher while killing today's 5th inning rally.  Flailing against soft curves a la Hamilton.

Worst #3 hitter in MLB and the main reason Trout is way up the walks list.

• 1 month later...