• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thanks, Albert Pujols

Chuck

I was actually at a game in April 2013 when he hit a walk-off 2-run double against Houston.

I think he hit a walk-off home run too, but I can't recall when. I could be wrong on that.

I was at that game too. Down the left field line with Trout at 1st. Was hoping we would get the exact same result tonight

If Pujols is hitting 3rd during the entire duration of Trout's extension then the FO failed big time. That would just be awful

Now, this current version of Pujols + the crappier versions to come as he continues to age, would be totally fine batting 6th or 7th.

If he's hitting third during the entire duration of Trout's extension, that's on the manager. The FO does not determine batting order.

Unless Brad Pitt is in the FO.

If Pujols is hitting 3rd during the entire duration of Trout's extension then the FO failed big time. That would just be awful

Now, this current version of Pujols + the crappier versions to come as he continues to age, would be totally fine batting 6th or 7th.

He'll be hitting third only until Scioscia is gone, which I believe is after the 2018 season (?). You can bet the next manager will bump him down a spot or two.

While that may be true, I'd still rather see Calhoun hitting there than Pujols.

Yes me too, but if Calhoun is batting after Trout then we probably don't get to his spot in the line up since his hit extended the inning with two outs. We literally have three or four hitters on this team doing anything right now and one of them has 3 mlb games under his belt and struck out to start the inning.

Today's Pujols should be hitting 6th or 7th. He would bring a presence to the bottom of the lineup.

:)

Well, I just called into Angels talk with Terry Smith and asked him when, if ever, Pujols will be move down out of the three spot and he pretty much just deflected the question and blamed the whole team not hitting and said if he ever does get moved from the 3 spot it would just be to the cleanup position.

Well, I just called into Angels talk with Terry Smith and asked him when, if ever, Pujols will be move down out of the three spot and he pretty much just deflected the question and blamed the whole team not hitting and said if he ever does get moved from the 3 spot it would just be to the cleanup position.

If Terry Smith ever suggested that Albert should be hitting 5th thru 7th he will be calling games in the PCL.

Calhoun should have stopped at 1st.  Nobody will pitch to Trout with Pujols behind him and the game on the line.  

Calhoun is the only hitter that might cause a team to pitch to Trout.  Hit him behind Trout like was done while Pujols was recovering from old age. 

Gia, Aybar, Trout, Calhoun, Pujols, ....

Seriously,why not try Pujols at the 4 hole with Trout or Kole at the 3? You know Sosh isn't going to bat him lower than fourth anyway. Might not make a difference but you never know.

I'm sure Albert will have his moments this year in high leverage situations. He's been red hot until today so ill give him a little bit of slack. This game was on Shoe. The offense scored enough runs off an elite pitcher and a good BP.