• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

City of Anaheim takes up new Platinum Triangle development

Friday's LA TIMES Business section had an interesting article about a consortium of China based investors proposing a new high rise development of condos/ apartments surrounding by retail businesses in Anaheim's Platinum Triangle, the site of so many failed to become reality development proposals over the years.

The China investors would need the Angels approval to share part of the Big A parking lot - city officials, of course, want to approve the development and want the Angels to 'play ball' with the investors and the City -- the Angels, according to the article, oppose the development plans -- at least the sharing he parking lot aspect of it.

I will try to post the link to the article. If the link doesn't work, the article in on Page One of the Friday (May 8th) Business section of the LA TIMES.

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/la-fi-property-report-anaheim-20150508-story.html

50 year old Stadium -- although major renovations over the years - some good -- I thought the Edison International Field upgrades by Disney were good and then the subsequent stuff done when Arte took over ownership -- and some bad -- the whole what I call the LA Rams (of Anaheim?) renovation.

but the article references the 50 year old Big A -- which it is............

man, that has to make some of us feel old........I remember when Tony Perez hit that HR in the All-Star game (1967?) to win it for the NL (2-1, I think) in the brand new Big A Ballpark.

50 year old Stadium -- although major renovations over the years - some good -- I thought the Edison International Field upgrades by Disney were good and then the subsequent stuff done when Arte took over ownership -- and some bad -- the whole what I call the LA Rams (of Anaheim?) renovation.

but the article references the 50 year old Big A -- which it is............

man, that has to make some of us feel old........I remember when Tony Perez hit that HR in the All-Star game (1967?) to win it for the NL (2-1, I think) in the brand new Big A Ballpark.

I feel your pain as it makes me feel old too. First Angels game I ever saw was at the latrine cause my dad wanted to see some Angels pitcher making news named Chance.

How do you get away with charging $10 to park to go shopping or out to dinner in the OC? Irvine Spectrum doesn't charge to park and that's more than likely run by the Irvine company, and they are the greediest bastards ever.

I think they have to charge in this case.  Because unlike Spectrum, it isn't your land you are using, it's "Arte" land.  And if it was free parking, then cheap people would be parking there on gamedays.  Of course the other way would be for them to lease the land on non-gamedays, and provide free parking.  But I don't know how well that would fly with those financing the project.

Personally, I think they if they want to build a big structure, they should provide their own parking.  But it sounds like they want to cheap out and slowly nibble away at the current lot.  

How do you get away with charging $10 to park to go shopping or out to dinner in the OC? Irvine Spectrum doesn't charge to park and that's more than likely run by the Irvine company, and they are the greediest bastards ever.

Some people want to get away from teenagers and the masses.

In all seriousness, I wonder if this might be what's needed to ignite real discussions between the city and the team much like Kroenke's move in Inglewood started to clear the logjam for the NFL's return.

Big difference is Kroenke bought the land.  Arte does not own the land.  This actually just reinforces the city position in that the land is worth much more than the $1 plus other extras they get.  

Understood but that wasn't my point. I should have clarified. I realize that the NFL thing is a completely different animal. The similarities are that they are both external issues that can create urgency. What is happening with the Chargers and Raiders in Carson would never have happened this quickly without Kroenke. Hopefully the Platinum Triangle deal might spur something on in Anaheim.

So what happens to the tall office buildings that are currently standing where they drew all that grass. Where do people park now, since those spots are now apparently all grass. Where do we get the water for all of this grass?

There are no tall office buildings where they rendered the grass. This development would be on the northeast corner of State College/Orangewood.