• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone else worried about Houston Street (Part II)

I was also less than enthused about Street.  Watched him often during his time with the pods.  He survived by grit, cunning, and offspeed.  Lots of base runners, but would escape more often than not.  With a team that didn't score much, I believe San Diego mgmt grew tired of his frequent high wire acts in the 9th.  

Not surprisingly, given the offensive struggles of the Angels, Street's high wire acts are becoming painful once again.

He's going through a rough patch. Not surprising considering the entire team is doing the same.

I'm not worried. He was fantastic before his last few appearances.

This. Thanks for being the voice of reason. He'll be fine, but tonight was obviously bad timing given the standings. Give it a month, we'll love him again.

typical closer -- they tend to melt down to zero effectiveness at some point in their career.

and they tend to lose it fast........

Halos need to move to a closer by committee system and give Joe Smith a chance to close out some games.

Yeah, because after two crappy games (and one that was problematic), he's apparently done.

Okay, come on guys, Street has been damn good this year and I'm not ready to give up on him, but maybe he can't pitch three days in a row. I seem to remember him blowing a game last year where it was the third in a row he had pitched. 

Especially not when he threw 25 pitches in the second day.

Okay, come on guys, Street has been damn good this year and I'm not ready to give up on him, but maybe he can't pitch three days in a row. I seem to remember him blowing a game last year where it was the third in a row he had pitched. 

I think that's a factor. The back end guys have been getting heavily worked recently and it is probably hurting them. I also think Street will be alright but the concerns are significant enough to be holding off any thought of signing him to a big money extension for a little while just to be sure.

It would be nice if our offense could actually score more than 3 runs on a consistent basis (Much less win a game by more than 3 runs). It seems the bullpen is starting to crack from the pressure of pitching in a high-leverage situation with no margin for error in every single appearance they make. 

I was also less than enthused about Street. Watched him often during his time with the pods. He survived by grit, cunning, and offspeed. Lots of base runners, but would escape more often than not. With a team that didn't score much, I believe San Diego mgmt grew tired of his frequent high wire acts in the 9th.

Not surprisingly, given the offensive struggles of the Angels, Street's high wire acts are becoming painful once again.

Lots of base runners? His WHIP over the last three years (2012-2014) is less than 1. I think his last year and a half with the Padres it was under .8. This isn't a case of the Padres growing tired of the guy, it was a case of selling high on a guy.