• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sean Newcomb

Adam

I'm okay with the Cal League. Then if he dominates through early August, then promote him to AA to get a month in there, and then hopefully only spending the first 2-3 months of 2016 at AA before going to AAA.

I still see him making his MLB debut in Sept 2016.

Edited by Angel Oracle

How many pitches did he throw in his last start?   He's done very well, but the walks are a bit high and pitches per inning are high, too. Perhaps, he needs to "pitch to contact" a bit more and once he does, he'll get promoted.  I don't see him skipping High A at this point. 

The Angels intend to take it easy on his arm while allowing him to progress as his talent allows. He isn't going to be throwing 200 innings a year in the minors.

As for his progression, the plan is 10ish starts in Burlington, 10ish in San Bernardino. So, 3 weeks maybe, right around the end of May or beginning if June. He'll finish the year at IE. If things go right he'll begin the season in AA next year.

More than anything, I'll be interested to see how he responds to increased competition. The kids in High A are better, and pitching in the Cal League can be quite unforgiving. His numbers may take a hit.

1-2 more starts in Burlington . then San Bernadino. Angels want 150-160 innings by September.. AA will probably come in July if progression continues....But what do I know.

Hope it's soon. Can't wait to see him with the 66ers.

1-2 more starts in Burlington . then San Bernadino. Angels want 150-160 innings by September.. AA will probably come in July if progression continues....But what do I know.

When I ask, I've been given the company line, which is to say Nuke will play at the appropriate level. It's clear he's fighting his command right now, but it's also clear that he isn't being challenged as much as he could by A Ball hitters.