• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New England Cheats Again

nando714

Why would he step down?  I think this is almost a best case scenario for him - he punished Brady/New England like most owners wanted and it takes a judge to step in and overturn his bad decisions which he can't do anything about.  I'm sure there's some kind of legal recourse they can take but if the league is smart they'll back off and just let it go away with the season starting.

nfl has the right to appeal to whichever circuit court has juridiction (2nd maybe?). at this point, it seems like they've made their point and should move on. 

only caught a portion of it this morning while getting ready, but i thought i heard roger cossack on espn say something about brady was pissed because at the time they talked, goodell didn't tell him he could be suspended for something like this, and he objected to having a suspension that was as long as someone who got popped for PEDs. if there's a better understanding of this part from someone, feel free to correct my version.

if this is true, you have to be a special kind of moron to not realize that when the commissioner talks to you about possible cheating that you can be suspended.

We're talking about a league that as of late suspended/penalized arbitrarily even going against their own suspension policy, see Ray Rice.  At lunch they had the NFL network on and on the ticker it said one thing the judge considered in his decision was that the NFL didn't notify the defense of all of the evidence they were using against Brady.  I'm guessing the NFLPA has issues with the league doing that to any player and possibly violates the agreement the two sides have.  Either way the entire thing is a joke dragging it out like this and the NFL is saying they'll appeal.  I wonder how much money has been spent on this that could have gone to an actual worthwhile endeavor.  

Good, the whole thing is a farcical witch hunt.

I was still in awe that someone was punished with no evidence or witness, just a suspicion. Add that with an arbitrary punishment and the guy that delivered it also was the appeal decision maker. All while Goodell preaches integrity. Just comical.

I've lost interest in the NFL over the years because how it handles rule changes, discipline, and almost this fly by the seat of your pants process of catering to whatever they think the majority of fans want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

in education we learn quickly that for consequences to have any value, they need to be administered asap so the bad behavior isn't repeated. This decision is not about that. This court decision is about asserting the authority of the commisioners office. Brady and the pats need to take their medicine and move on, enjoying the fact that their 38 year old QB is now going to get four extra weeks of rest (which might actually be helpful for him).

• 2 months later...