• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New England Cheats Again

nando714

Can someone education me as to why the pressure matters that much?  I mean as far as how you could use that to your advantage because the defenders are going after the same balls that Brady is throwing to his receivers.  The receivers still have to run their routes, create separation and get open while the QB has to make his throws.  If they're under inflated are we assuming they hang up there longer so someone like Gronk who is bigger can go up for it?  Is being under inflated advantageous to a QB like Brady who is aging and his arm isn't as strong as it once was?  Did the NFL arrive at the lower and upper limits the balls need to be inflated at because of anything science related or did they just set it and say follow the rules?  I'm a Broncos fan and don't give a crap about NE but this all still just seems way overblown to me.  Spygate seemed much more serious and yet this is getting just as much attention.   

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

Reports saying Brady could be suspended the entire year. He'll be 38 this year, so 39 at the start of next season. If he's suspended I wonder if he will just retire. He has little left to prove. He's tied with Montana and Bradshaw in Super Bowl rings. I wonder how important it is to him to get that fifth ring.

I get that the balls were under-inflated.  And that makes them easier to throw, catch, etc.  But, were only the Patriots playing with these balls?  If both teams are playing with the balls that are easier to throw, catch, etc., then what is the beef and why has it escalated to this level?  I'll bet you anything that all cold weather cities do something similar, it's just not talked about.

NFL teams supply their own balls for the games.  So yeah, the Patriots were the only ones playing with the deflated balls.  Only reason they got caught was because one of the Colts intercepted a pass and gave it to the Colts equipment guy who had it tested.  Otherwise this probably would have never came about.

Reports saying Brady could be suspended the entire year. He'll be 38 this year, so 39 at the start of next season. If he's suspended I wonder if he will just retire. He has little left to prove. He's tied with Montana and Bradshaw in Super Bowl rings. I wonder how important it is to him to get that fifth ring.

I hate the Pats as much as anyone but that seems a tad excessive.

NFL teams supply their own balls for the games.  So yeah, the Patriots were the only ones playing with the deflated balls.  Only reason they got caught was because one of the Colts intercepted a pass and gave it to the Colts equipment guy who had it tested.  Otherwise this probably would have never came about.

I always assumed, like in baseball, that the home team provided balls to the refs that were used for both teams.  You learn something new everyday.