• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Milky Way Supersized

When the galaxies do collide I can't imagine much destruction. Stars are separated but so many light years that it'll just be a fun gravitational ride. Obviously some might smack into each other but overall it should be a smooth transition.

I watch The Universe to fall asleep every night, and I was watching a part about his collision yesterday.  

The lady on it said that it was unlikely that any stars would hit one another.  Makes you really think about how huge galaxies are and how far apart stars are. 

We launched Voyager nearly 40 years ago, and it just left our solar system.  It's moving at 40,000 MPH, and it would take another 80,000 years to reach the nearest star to our own.  And there are 300 billion stars in our galaxy.  

re: the scale of the universe

If our Sun were the size of a golf ball and placed in Central Park, the nearest star would be in Chicago.

Does it occur to anyone else that so many scientists insist they're so damn smart, and what they say is fact, but when it's discovered that they're vastly wrong (60% wrong btw, not exactly a small wrong) these fu**ers just brush it off like no big deal? And the public is just fine with it? Absolutely ZERO accountability for the things they say when they're wrong, just shoulder shrugs and "oh well, whattya gonna do?"

I mean, what other kind of career field could you work where you get away with being blatently wrong for years, and get to keep your job when the truth comes out?

Following this kind of logic, the assholes could pretty much say whatever they want, be adamant it's a fact, then change their mind years down the road and go "oh well!"

Does this bug anybody else, or is it just me?

Does it occur to anyone else that so many scientists insist they're so damn smart, and what they say is fact, but when it's discovered that they're vastly wrong (60% wrong btw, not exactly a small wrong) these fu**ers just brush it off like no big deal? And the public is just fine with it? Absolutely ZERO accountability for the things they say when they're wrong, just shoulder shrugs and "oh well, whattya gonna do?"

I mean, what other kind of career field could you work where you get away with being blatently wrong for years, and get to keep your job when the truth comes out?

Following this kind of logic, the assholes could pretty much say whatever they want, be adamant it's a fact, then change their mind years down the road and go "oh well!"

Does this bug anybody else, or is it just me?

LOL