• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

That was so damn stupid

If I was a betting man, I'd say the Angels have run into the most outs in baseball. That falls completely on scioscia.

I have it in another thread with links, but we are tied for second this year. We were second last season, and first in both 2012 and 2013. We also have the worst third base coach I have ever seen.

I have it in another thread with links, but we are tied for second this year. We were second last season, and first in both 2012 and 2013. We also have the worst third base coach I have ever seen.

What about the first base coach? How many times do runners get thrown out at second after getting an RBI hit? The throw is going home, the cutoff man catches it and throws the runner out at second. I'm actually surprised when it doesn't happen. 

What about the first base coach? How many times do runners get thrown out at second after getting an RBI hit? The throw is going home, the cutoff man catches it and throws the runner out at second. I'm actually surprised when it doesn't happen. 

Somebody got an RBI hit?

I see that more as a give yourself up to make sure the run scores type of thing. It seems to me that David Freese does this a lot as does Aybar.

I think Cowgill had the green light, I don't think he had the steal sign. Scioscia wouldn't lie about that, because to lie about it would cause more of an issue than telling the truth. The reason I say that is when it comes down to it our opinion means nothing to him, however losing the respect of your team, that means everything.

Based off the track record of most players who run through signs and do whatever they want with no punishment or repercussions, I'm pretty sure the players pretty much do whatever they want on the basepaths. I wouldn't put too much weight into what the base running coaches tell them to do. Sure they probably look at them for a piece of advice like diving or whatever, but overall runners in MLB seem to do whatever they want, no matter how asinine or illogical it appears to the coaches or the fans.

I don't think the base-running coaches have as much impact on the game as you think they do.