• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

That was so damn stupid

Okay, I deleted my post because someone up above said Cowgill went on his own. Which is it?!

I know for sure he said what I quoted, but h also said he gave Cowgill the green light. I'm not quite sure he "threw" Cowgill under the bus as much as some are making it out to be, TBH.

Green light is different than giving the outright steal sign.  He didn't throw him under the bus.  MS said that cowgill had the green light to go but he was on his own.  ie, in those situations, you better be sure about being able to make it.  

I am not a fan of giving Cowgill the green light, but most players with any sort of speed have a green light.  Again, it's up to the player to evaluate the situation.  Just like tagging from second on a fly ball to CF.  Not a good choice.  

Cron is fast becoming one of the Halos' most disappointing first round picks.

For a guy considered the best college hitter in 2011, he isn't doing much.

That must have been one crappy collection of college hitters then in 2011.

Speaking of 2011, this offense makes the 2011 and 2010 and 2013 offenses look good!

Edited by Angel Oracle

I'm surprised that you guys are so upset by Cowgill running as if the Angels had a chance of winning if he didn't. You all need to remember that CJ Cron was batting. The odds of Cron doing anything other than striking out there were very slim, regardless of who was pitching.

True, but the odds of us winning when cowgill gets thrown out by quite a bit while trying to steal are 0.  

Take Trout away, and this is the slowest team in MLB.

JeDi needs to start addressing that.

In an era of good pitching, team speed is increasingly crucial.

Actually, even with Trout, this is perhaps the slowest team in MLB.   Possibly one of the oldest as well (even if you believe Pujols).  Not a good combo. 

Pujols gets a special award for swinging at crap with Trout already stolen 2nd base.

If the Angels really want to be aggressive on the base paths then fine, infuse some effing speed onto the roster. Demote Cowgill promote Brown. Thank Featherston for his work and bring up Stamets.

Now we have two fast players to come off the bench and can play good defense.

And if you don't trust Cron, then fine, get him out of the lineup. Promote Kubitza to play LF, move Joyce to DH, suddenly we have more lefties and more speed.

Rodney seldom keeps a runner on and is generally easy to steal on. Zunino made a great throw and Cowgill got a bad jump. I like the play but hate the execution, especially as Rodney did not appear to be on tonight.

Scioscia needs to realize that not every catcher throws like Chris Iannetta. There are catchers that actually throw out runners in this league.

And Mike Napoli disagrees with the bus comment.

It wasn't Sosh that called for a steal.

If I was a betting man, I'd say the Angels have run into the most outs in baseball. That falls completely on scioscia.

Like I said in another thread, I don't know how you solve that. I guess you could fine a player, but it isn't like you can bench a player for bad base running, they literally have no one to enter a game that can perform if you bench a guy like Aybar or tonight it would have been Trout.

If the Angels really want to be aggressive on the base paths then fine, infuse some effing speed onto the roster.

If the Angels really want to be aggressive on the base paths, like you, I'm fine with it...But don't wait until the freakin' 9th with 2 outs and the winning run at the plate.

Quite possibly the worst time to start running aggressively.

I would like to know the last time a guy made the last out of the game trying to steal 2nd base. Complete ass-hatted decision.

Scioscia needs to realize that not every catcher throws like Chris Iannetta.

This made me laugh, how very true. And we were just talking about how there aren't many good catchers in the game, but I can tell you one thing, it certainly seems a majority of them perform better than Iannetta both defensively and offensively.

Taking a step back, maybe they were trying to catch them off guard? But IMO as a former catcher, I'd be watching that runner relentlessly after they put on a pinch runner, EVEN MORE SO during the first pitch of the freaking at bat. The commentators even said this after the game, Rodney actually has a pretty quick move home, so it's not like a stolen base was a given by any means.

I might trust Aybar there, but definitely not a cold pinch runner.