• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Peter Bourjos

He was fantastic running the bases EXCEPT for stealing.

Probably the best pure base runner I have ever seen. He cut the corner around the bases better than anyone I can remember. In all honesty I would take him back right now and put him in CF and put Trout back in Left. We could bat him 9th and we would have the speed that can change a game and put pressure on the defense. We all know what he can do defensively. I would welcome him back.

^Hell yeah I'd welcome him back! I don't know why I'm such a big Bourjos fan, I just am. Love the way the guy plays the game. Love how he hauls ass. I can overlook his average bat because of his defense, but what's great is he still has pop and can still hit home runs. Bourjos, Trout, Calhoun in the outfield? Dear gawd it'd be a miracle for opposition if anything ever fell for a hit out there.

I just made my comment because I suspect if Cowgill made it kinda sorta close at 2nd lastnight, I can only imagine how much closer it'd been if Bourjos was out there. 

Letting him go are the kinds of decisions this organization makes which really make me scratch my head. It is one of many things I believe have gotten us in the situation we see now.

His replacement fell through, and now we have Joyce. I'd much rather have a guy like Bourjos who doesn't look like he's going to drop the ball every time it's hit to him.

glad to see Bourjos doing well in the limited playing time he's getting there in St. Louis.

I always liked PJB but also understood the trade which made sense at the time and makes sense now.  For all the issue surrounding Freese's performance last year and now -- the fact is we needed an every day 3B and got one in Freese who, while not performing up to expectations last year, filled the role and then we got Salas in the pen as well -- who was inconsistent last year (and at times , downright awful).

Ironically, the better player in the deal for the Cards last year was probably the throw in -- Grichuck (spelled wrong) who wound up starting a fair number of games for the Cards last year and hit well for them (at times).

PJB -- who I thought -- because of his all out style of play and speed -- would become a real fan favorite in St. Louis (best baseball town in America !) but it was not to be -- Bourjos got off to a slow to terrible start in St. Louis and never really recovered last season -- somehow, the normally tolerant St. Louis fans turned on Bourjos and he was the target of boos and catcalls from the St. Louis crowd - something that usually does not happen in St. Louis -- they really support their players there -- win, lose or draw.

it was really strange to see an all out hustle speedster guy with a gold glove (a St. Louis prototype of a ball player it would seem) getting snubbed by the knowledgeable baseball fans of St. Louis.

So it's great to see him playing a role in the Cards' success now. I'd like to see him get more playing time.

Peter is definitely on the rise over this past week ... generally this happens as soon as I criticize a guy in a forum so let me know if you want me to disrespect a particular Angel or two.

I don't remember Bourjos being booed in STL ... I'm sure there were groans on caught stealing/pickoffs or after key failed at bats last year but I'd characterize fan response to Peter as being more "meh" than anything ... once Jon Jay won CF back last year Peter was relegated to spot starter, late inning d-sub, or pinch runner. 

Local broadcasters said last night that his offseason surgery has been the biggest positive for him this year.

I totally agree about his base stealing ... he was caught stealing the other day against the Cubs Lester/Ross battery which is almost an accomplishment.  Also agree on aggressive base running being the true best use of his speed.

stop. It was a sound decision at the time and even in hindsight it seems OK. 

A straight up Freese for Bourjos trade would have been fine, but giving up Grichuk tipped the scale in the Cards' favor big time. 

Probably the best pure base runner I have ever seen. He cut the corner around the bases better than anyone I can remember. In all honesty I would take him back right now and put him in CF and put Trout back in Left. We could bat him 9th and we would have the speed that can change a game and put pressure on the defense. We all know what he can do defensively. I would welcome him back.