• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How to fix Weaver

Ha I know that you're kidding but I believe that Jered has met the same fate as his brother Jeff. He suffered the same kind of loss in velocity and finally had to retire at age 33 after pitching 1838 career innings. Jered is now age 32 and has pitched 1722 career innings.

tumblr_me4mn0DTTW1rm5pcxo1_400.jpg

Edited by CALZONE

I thought for sure there'd be an Old Yeller reference here.

Seriously though, I think he's either hurt or done. I hope it's the former but I think that's just wishful thinking.

Either way all good things must come to an end. He has been a beast for this team and he will be one of my favorite Angels still

Yeah I'll always love the guy. Sucks if his career is really coming to a close like this.

And if anyone really thinks this thread is an overreaction - start facing up to reality. The Angels cannot keep running him out there much longer. 6 starts and an ERA over 6 - that's not an MLB caliber pitcher.

Joe Blanton got 20 starts in 2013. Why would you think that Weaver will not be given the same opportunity?

I wonder how this ends up playing out. It's clear he's done, now does Weav own up to that despite his fiercely competitive spirit or dies he insist the Angels keep sending him out there regardless of results until his contract is done?

If I had to guess, I'd say he's going on the DL with something like a lat strain, which is just an excuse for the Angels to get him out if the rotation. After a month or so they'll send him in rehab assignments, hoping there's something he's figured out that'll allow him to be effective. After 4 starts in the minors they'll shut him down and he'll join Skaggs in the dugout as a cheerleader of sorts this year. Then in the winter, he'll be let go, and end up going to the Padres or D-Backs fit a couple months before hanging them up and signing on in some sort of "special advisor" role in the front office.

Weaver seems like the kind of guy that will know when its time to call it quits. I don't see him signing on with another team if that scenario plays out this year. Wouldn't it be weird to see him pitch for another team? Hope it doesn't happen.

I wonder how this ends up playing out. It's clear he's done, now does Weav own up to that despite his fiercely competitive spirit or dies he insist the Angels keep sending him out there regardless of results until his contract is done?

If I had to guess, I'd say he's going on the DL with something like a lat strain, which is just an excuse for the Angels to get him out if the rotation. After a month or so they'll send him in rehab assignments, hoping there's something he's figured out that'll allow him to be effective. After 4 starts in the minors they'll shut him down and he'll join Skaggs in the dugout as a cheerleader of sorts this year. Then in the winter, he'll be let go, and end up going to the Padres or D-Backs fit a couple months before hanging them up and signing on in some sort of "special advisor" role in the front office.

I think this is a likely scenario, minus the detour to the D-backs or Padres. Something tells me with Weaver that when he's done, he's done; he's not going to try to eke out a little more time with another team. I can totally see the Angels FO immediately trying to grab him for some sort of coaching or supportive role and working out a way for him to finish out his contract -- and keep going -- in that capacity.

On the sunny optimistic side of the coin...any chance he could learn to throw a knuckleball? That's kept other pitchers going, and he might be good at it.

Edited by AngelsSurfer