• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Vortex

So we all know that the offense has been brutal beyond the very top of the order.  So I thought I would show it by the numbers.

The following gives the batting order spot, the wRC+(100 is avg), and the league rank.  

#1, 118, 8th

#2, 170, 3rd 

#3, 105, 22nd

#4,  90, 21st

#5,  41, 30th

#6,  65, 23rd

#7,  13, 30th

#8,  28, 28th

#9, 136, 1st

I figured that the spots occupied by Joyce and Iannetta would be as they are, but we are getting almost nothing from over half of the lineup.  I didn't think it was going to be THAT bad.  

So we all know that the offense has been brutal beyond the very top of the order.  So I thought I would show it by the numbers.

The following gives the batting order spot, the wRC+(100 is avg), and the league rank.  

#1, 118, 8th

#2, 170, 3rd 

#3, 105, 22nd

#4,  90, 21st

#5,  41, 30th

#6,  65, 23rd

#7,  13, 30th

#8,  28, 28th

#9, 136, 1st

I figured that the spots occupied by Joyce and Iannetta would be as they are, but we are getting almost nothing from over half of the lineup.  I didn't think it was going to be THAT bad.  

22nd in the 3-hole? 

Pathetic

Ah yes, the calendar has turned to May and as usual, there are several threads that creatively explore the many different ways in which the Angels suck.

And, as usual, we have replies like yours policing the thread's existence and offering nothing in return.

On topic:  I'm quite surprised at the production from the 3-hole.

#1, 118, 8th

#2, 170, 3rd 

#3, 105, 22nd

#4,  90, 21st

#5,  41, 30th

#6,  65, 23rd

#7,  13, 30th

#8,  28, 28th

#9, 136, 1st

Resort the order and put Gia leadoff and simply shift everyone else down and it becomes far more productive. Calhoun's ranking may take a hit simply because he is in a slot that has better hitters but Trout changes little while Pujols batting 4th may even jump in the rankings. But seriously the Joyce/Aybar/Ianetta black hole has to be improved on.

And, as usual, we have replies like yours policing the thread's existence and offering nothing in return.

On topic: I'm quite surprised at the production from the 3-hole.

Lol at policing. It's ok failos we allow you to think everything is shitty everywhere you look.

#1, 118, 8th

#2, 170, 3rd

#3, 105, 22nd

#4, 90, 21st

#5, 41, 30th

#6, 65, 23rd

#7, 13, 30th

#8, 28, 28th

#9, 136, 1st

Resort the order and put Gia leadoff and simply shift everyone else down and it becomes far more productive. Calhoun's ranking may take a hit simply because he is in a slot that has better hitters but Trout changes little while Pujols batting 4th may even jump in the rankings. But seriously the Joyce/Aybar/Ianetta black hole has to be improved on.

So you want to Giavotella from 9th to 1st and just move everyone else down a spot?

Hmmmm

Wonder what that would look like.