• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A-Rod ties Willie Mays

No just infantile posters that constantly spout the same nonsense. Arod is a helluva player and has been for a long time. But to ignore his baggage is ridiculous.

I dont ignore his baggage. I just dont care about it. I feel the same way about Bonds and any other great that steps onto the field. I enjoy and appreciate what these players do on the field. Its entertaining for one and I know after they retire we wont see players like that again considering the league wide drought for offense.

You and many others care too much about off the field issues in my opinion, whereas I just enjoy the games and the players and let the off the field stuff take care of itself. There are people on this board who spout the same repetitive stuff over and over about how much they hate Bonds and a Rod, yet I dont see you criticizing them? What would you like me to do, not post my opinions from now on? I may just do that anyways because its getting boring to me having to always battle a legion of armies to defend my views.

Steroids are not an off the field issue. Arod was a pariah that's own team wasn't too fond of him.

Im not defending or condoning steroid use, but as a fan I cant say it bothers me to a point where id hate a player for it. Id prefer if everyone was clean but at the end of the day I dont know these players personally so as long as im entertained by their on the field play whatever they do in their lives is their business. And steroids or not there will never be another players like Barry Bonds, so instead of hating him like everyone else I decided to just sit back and enjoy watching him blast homers whenever I could.

We saw how long the ill-will lasted. Not long at all. Guy is doing pretty good and holding that team together.

Oh I completely agree, I'm guessing no one really predicted he would be able to be this good again AND be the team player he's never been known to be.

Oh I completely agree, I'm guessing no one really predicted he would be able to be this good again AND be the team player he's never been known to be.

I expected him to completely fold, and under the punishment of an entire season he may yet. That said, I never figured on him being this good for this long. Credit where it is due.

Yeah, probably has something to do with that 60-something mil he needed to cash in on. He's smart to have shut up. I guess that's my point. You don't forget, but the Yankees seemingly forgave (or at least tolerated). And after he took aim at everyone, team, league, union, they are tolerating him.

This is where I think the Angels took some missteps with Hamilton. Although Hamilton may be physically washed up, perhaps they could have taken a softer approach and gotten some value out of the bust contract.

Giving him away to a rival and paying the bill was stupid. Although I'm sure if Arod had allowed it, the Yankees would have shipped his ass somewhere in a heartbeat.

Perhaps they benefitted by being forced to keep him.

Yeah, probably has something to do with that 60-something mil he needed to cash in on. He's smart to have shut up. I guess that's my point. You don't forget, but the Yankees seemingly forgave (or at least tolerated). And after he took aim at everyone, team, league, union, they are tolerating him.

This is where I think the Angels took some missteps with Hamilton. Although Hamilton may be physically washed up, perhaps they could have taken a softer approach and gotten some value out of the bust contract.

Giving him away to a rival and paying the bill was stupid. Although I'm sure if Arod had allowed it, the Yankees would have shipped his ass somewhere in a heartbeat.

Perhaps they benefitted by being forced to keep him.

I agree they mishandled the Hamilton situation. My issues with Hamilton come from how he has handled the situation and his "blaming Arte" for knowing what his deal was.