• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie Sanders y'all

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/05/bernie-sanders-banks_n_7217746.html?cps=gravity_3967_-4174660181237093328

Bernie Sanders introduces bill to break up the big banks.

"If an institution is too big to fail, it is too big to exist," Sanders said in a statement.

Literally zero chance of passing, but at least he's speaking up.

Please enlighten this ignorant commoner. What's the ballpark percentage of workers who sue corporations? Must be up around 82% or so? I'm sure whatever it is it's absolutely representative of the population at large. Right?

Not quite, about 79.5%.

the objective of the firm - to maximize shareholder value. think about that for a minute. it's objective is to make owners more money. this definition encourages shareholders to act unethically in grey areas. therein lies the problem with corporations and the reason why i dislike them.

i don’t want to support anything that runs like that. your banks and what have you still operate in this way. oh we missed are targets for the quarter. let’s layoff 5,000 people in order to cut costs. oh we hit our revenue goals for the quarter. let’s give our executives fat bonuses because they’re on the board and can give themselves such nice things while the people working 8-10 hour shifts in customer service might get a free meal per month and/or praise in an email.

one of my responsibilities at work is looking at operating expenses. it bothers me that i was in a meeting where it was mentioned employees would be let go. yet taking a look at the car allowance increase for management year over year could have saved probably 10 of those jobs.

the quicker the shift corporate america makes to utilizing stakeholder theory the better. it takes into account employees, suppliers, customers, communities and any other person who could be affected by a decision. basically it encourages ethical behavior. that’s all i really would like to see in corporate america, decision makers acting ethically.

Agree with this. I understand that the reason corporations exist is to make a profit, but that goal tends to lead to unethical behavior. It's a conundrum.

the objective of the firm - to maximize shareholder value. think about that for a minute. it's objective is to make owners more money. this definition encourages shareholders to act unethically in grey areas. therein lies the problem with corporations and the reason why i dislike them.

i don’t want to support anything that runs like that. your banks and what have you still operate in this way. oh we missed are targets for the quarter. let’s layoff 5,000 people in order to cut costs. oh we hit our revenue goals for the quarter. let’s give our executives fat bonuses because they’re on the board and can give themselves such nice things while the people working 8-10 hour shifts in customer service might get a free meal per month and/or praise in an email.

one of my responsibilities at work is looking at operating expenses. it bothers me that i was in a meeting where it was mentioned employees would be let go. yet taking a look at the car allowance increase for management year over year could have saved probably 10 of those jobs.

the quicker the shift corporate america makes to utilizing stakeholder theory the better. it takes into account employees, suppliers, customers, communities and any other person who could be affected by a decision. basically it encourages ethical behavior. that’s all i really would like to see in corporate america, decision makers acting ethically.

These are all completely valid criticisms and I agree with the spirit of this post. 

• 1 year later...
On 5/1/2015 at 2:58 PM, Make Angels Great Again said:

I'll be voting in the presidential election for the first time next year, solely because of this man. I'm so happy he chose to run.

He's the first candidate that i'm sincerely excited about, here is a great page that explains some of his goals:

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/agenda/

There's the first candidate I remember that could truly be "for the people".

me too