• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gym Thread: Bodybuilding - Cardio - Weight Loss

• 4 months later...

I have lost my desire and motivation.  I can usually get motivated and keep myself from going completely off the deep end, but the last few months have been impossible.  I got down to 223lbs and now I'm close to 240lbs again.  It's been five years since I was below 220lbs.  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I have lost my desire and motivation.  I can usually get motivated and keep myself from going completely off the deep end, but the last few months have been impossible.  I got down to 223lbs and now I'm close to 240lbs again.  It's been five years since I was below 220lbs.  

Fat fuck

1 hour ago, Angels N Skins said:

I actually lost 20 lbs pretty quick when I started working out last year. I started lifting more and gained 10 lbs. My stupid gut is so hard to get rid of. 

That's my problem area, my gut. It doesn't help that I'm a big fan of IPA's.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Dude, this is me exactly! The weight is just about identical too. Since I turned 40 it's nearly impossible to keep my weight at a reasonable, comfortable number. I used to bike to work, about 4 miles a day and as soon as I stopped, 10 lbs immediately.

Im 31, 6', 200 lbs, have a bad shoulder, bum knee and can barely squat more than a couple plates for reps without something hurting.

I really want to go out in a blaze of glory and try out some roids or HGH, but am afraid of all the side effects, complications with cycling down.  After reading a couple hundred pages so far of the book "Anabolics", I'm wondering how many of these guys out there juicing are actually getting blood tests, using the right stuff on the way out, etc.

Forgot about this thread. I'm down 30 pounds since mid-February-ish.....probably more since I last checked about a week ago, closer to 40 lbs.

I'm wearing clothes I haven't in years, kind of a trip. It's to the point where it's considerably noticeable and people keep asking me what I'm doing, but there is no secret formula and it's the same as anyone else that has dropped weight. Just a bunch of small changes all working together. I tend to bring in my lunch and it's your run of the mill high protein, little to no sugars or carbs. I hadn't even hit the gym until a couple weeks ago but the got really sick and haven't been back, so it's all diet. I cut back on the booze initially and now do the happy hour thing more than I'd like after work with friends, but cognizant about the booze and adjust my eating habits to consider the calories.

I just hit that breaking point one day, made adjustments, and it's been pretty solid since. Still a ways to go to where I want to be, but it will come at my pace. If I could lay off the booze a bit more and get back into the gym like I had started to I'd crush it a lot quicker.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

I just hit that breaking point one day...

That's what happened to me. I'm not going to buy a whole new wardrobe just because I'm acting lazy. Plus I've been feeling like shit. I've had enough of myself.

That's usually when real change happens. I didn't set goals and don't get down on myself if I eat or drink non-healthy, just started taking action. I don't even know how to explain it because I feel like I didn't change anything with my lifestyle. I think I did meal prep only and didn't drink alcohol for maybe the first two weeks and dropped about 20 pounds off the bat, kind of a trip to drop 20 in two weeks or so. Kind of plateaued around 20-25 pounds, someone made a comment that motivated me and I started the gym but immediately got really sick and seemed to get past the hump and over the 30 pound mark from being sick.

Just kind of dropped a bunch of weight quick and you kind of just want to keep it going and see how far you can take it. I was the same though, I just felt sluggish with work and seemed to always be tired (of course feeling fat sucks, but I never seemed to stick with doing anything). Need another 20-25 pounds and I'll be where the health pros think is my healthy weight.

The energy picked up, my blood pressure dropped (this was also a huge factor), and meal prep has been easy. Bought one of those frozen lunch bags and I eat maybe 6-7 times a day and almost just kind of snack on healthy shit like hard boiled eggs, little P3 protein packs, greek yogurt, etc. I think this has been the main key because I can still drink or have some pizza and I seem to keep losing weight because the metabolism is just constantly going. Plus the portion control keeps a small stomach and I get full pretty quick.

The only thing that has sucked is my normal clothes are too big and I feel like I'm constantly pulling my pants up and I'm on my last belt hole.

People will trip out if they cut out booze and fast food for a week or two. Time to get back to it.