• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gym Thread: Bodybuilding - Cardio - Weight Loss

It's funny, it always comes back to that. I'm guilty of liking the science of it all and still reading about various diets, methods, etc.

But you'll still see dudes ask "What did you do?" or "What worked for you?" and it always comes back to that same answers.

Ok Adam, so I filled out the TDEE Calculator and whether or not I go light exercise or moderate exercise, its around 2900 and 3300 calories burned a day. It has been a long time since I have actually eaten more than that on a daily basis. Granted I have the occasional day where I will drink 6-8 beers and hang out at Yardhouse to watch a couple of games, but those are few and far between. I guess when I am not motivated I am much more sedentary than I realize.

Myfitnesspal does barcode scanning now.

It's easy enough to plug numbers into, and lots of different foods are already available for you to select. It's completely user based, so sometimes you'll need to sort through 5 different kinds of "carnitas" to find one that looks reasonable. No, Miguel, your 16oz pork omelette is not only 200 calories.

The exercise portion is pretty much BS, but it's something. The app counts your steps now too, and will automatically plug in the calories burned.

I don't exercise hard enough to where that really makes a difference (ie: 300 calories a day), so regardless or the exercise, I try to stay under my calorie goal.

Kids are the worst thing that has ever happened to my waistline

My son is 5, my daughter 19 months. My wife lost the baby weight about 3 weeks after kid 1, about 8 weeks after kid 2. I'm still looking to drop the 20 I put on with kid 1. Just hard to find time when I leave for work at 6 and don't get home until 6:30-7. I haven't lifted in a year, but Intry to fast push my daughter for 45-60 a day on the weekend in the stroller. I'm 6'2" and weighed 240 when I got married 10 years ago. I am probably 265-270 now. I eat well, probably too much red meat, but it's the booze that gets me

Ok Adam, so I filled out the TDEE Calculator and whether or not I go light exercise or moderate exercise, its around 2900 and 3300 calories burned a day. It has been a long time since I have actually eaten more than that on a daily basis. Granted I have the occasional day where I will drink 6-8 beers and hang out at Yardhouse to watch a couple of games, but those are few and far between. I guess when I am not motivated I am much more sedentary than I realize.

You might be surprised dude. You should track for a week. Every bite of food. Plus if you're a hundred under daily but then pound some pops on Friday and go Over by a couple thousand you will gain weight.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am in one of those phases where I am motivated to go to the gym and to eat and drink right. It started right after Christmas on the 28th. Since then I have had zero soda, which is very difficult for me. I have been eating much better, although not perfect. I have cut out most carbs, although one of my go to meals are street tacos and I have about one sandwich a week. The rest of my meals are really meat and veggies. I am tracking my gym activity on a calendar, and in the last 25 days I have been to the gym 24 times, and that includes missing six days. So when I miss a day, I go twice on another day. My goal was for the month of January to go 31 times. So all of this is leading up to my wedding which is the end of April. When I started seeing Kari, I weighed 212 pounds approximately. I have reached weights of over 250lbs last year, which is just embarrassing. I have lifted weights twice a week for years, my issue is not ever doing much cardio and eating and drinking whatever I wanted. I am rambling on but, on the 28th of December I weighed in at just over 242lbs, considering it was the holidays and because of a partially torn calf muscle I hadn't done any cardio in months, I wasn't really bothered by that number. Well this morning I weighed in at 234lbs. I will be honest, that goal of weighing 212lbs by my wedding date seems almost impossible, but I am pushing very hard to do it. Its been nice to have my legs healthy again, but when I get on the treadmill to do cardio my previously injured calf tightens up when I push it hard. Because of that I have been doing most of my cardio on the elliptical doing intervals. I still get on the treadmill, but the weight and the calf makes it pretty painful. Just thought I would share my story. Brandon, thanks for the PM a couple weeks ago, it helped me stay focused.

Been seeing good results for the past month or two.

I'm almost at the point where bitches will want to have sex with me....if they're really drunk.... and lonely....

that's the goal right.. to get bitches... or am i doing it wrong..

The most fit and in shape guys are gay. You may be going down the wrong path and not know it.

So I am in one of those phases where I am motivated to go to the gym and to eat and drink right. It started right after Christmas on the 28th. Since then I have had zero soda, which is very difficult for me. I have been eating much better, although not perfect. I have cut out most carbs, although one of my go to meals are street tacos and I have about one sandwich a week. The rest of my meals are really meat and veggies. I am tracking my gym activity on a calendar, and in the last 25 days I have been to the gym 24 times, and that includes missing six days. So when I miss a day, I go twice on another day. My goal was for the month of January to go 31 times. So all of this is leading up to my wedding which is the end of April. When I started seeing Kari, I weighed 212 pounds approximately. I have reached weights of over 250lbs last year, which is just embarrassing. I have lifted weights twice a week for years, my issue is not ever doing much cardio and eating and drinking whatever I wanted. I am rambling on but, on the 28th of December I weighed in at just over 242lbs, considering it was the holidays and because of a partially torn calf muscle I hadn't done any cardio in months, I wasn't really bothered by that number. Well this morning I weighed in at 234lbs. I will be honest, that goal of weighing 212lbs by my wedding date seems almost impossible, but I am pushing very hard to do it. Its been nice to have my legs healthy again, but when I get on the treadmill to do cardio my previously injured calf tightens up when I push it hard. Because of that I have been doing most of my cardio on the elliptical doing intervals. I still get on the treadmill, but the weight and the calf makes it pretty painful. Just thought I would share my story. Brandon, thanks for the PM a couple weeks ago, it helped me stay focused.

I've had a solid couple weeks too. The challenge for me now, that I have to figure out is the workout schedule. two little ones makes it tough

The gym has been crazy packed all week

Damn new yr new me ppl

Resolutioners (my term for them) are the worst. The gym in my workplace overfill the parking to the point the tenants have to scramble to get a spot before 9am. It's a huge garage that us pretty easy to find parking, in March. That's when all these people give up. Edited by notti

Great job man and no problem with the help. 22 pounds by April is extremely doable.

To kick it into gear try doing more dynamic things. For instance, simply running on a treadmill won't see results as your body plateaus. However, you can do cardio with weights and burn more in less time than a treadmill. Cardio with weights is basically little rest periods and maybe a bit lighter weight so that you can do more reps more quickly.

You have a good base now to kick up the intensity and really push it. You'll love the efficiency because you don't need to be in the gym as long and will love the results.

If you feel stagnant switch up the routine and maybe even throw in a reasonable cheat day with a pizza or burger to throw your metabolism off a bit.

Our bodies adjust and know how/when to go into store mode. So you'll want to kind of keep it in a state of shock so it doesn't get comfortable and go into a store mode.

Feel free to pm and I can start throwing some more your way to boost it up.

Great job again dude. I'm extremely impressed with your progress. That's pretty beastly to drop 16 pounds that quick.

This will have you tear shit up. I dropped ~20 lbs in about 10-11 weeks with this. It would have been more but I added quite a bit of muscle. It's recommended to do this every other day, maybe even twice a week in between normal workouts......for straight fat burning I'd shoot for three times a week. Don't push too hard and pace yourself. Also, this starts at 60 second rounds with 15 second breaks. Start easier and maybe 30 second rounds with 30 seconds breaks and work your way up and down in 10 second increments. Still take the 2 minute break before you start the second circuit. 

If you're good with caffeine intake, add a fat burner. Again, start slow because it will have you cracked out and never take it after 2pm. Or hell, just drink a big cup of coffee about 30 minutes before hand.

Wear a heart rate monitor for two reasons: 1) Health. Keep your heart rate in healthy zones, especially when you start and take it easy....break when needed or slow down to bring your rate down. 2) Tracking. It's great for tracking calories burned. Go with one that has a chest strap for the most accurate use.

This dude does the full blown workouts with timer and breaks. Google Spartacus for exact workouts and exact movements.

i like doing metabolic power circuits when its not a lifting day.

i do this and then go row or whatever.

pretty simple.

grab a barbell and use relatively light weight

i use 25lbs on each side, but just start with the bar and then figure out what works best.

if I'm way hungover i'll use 15 or 20lbs on each so i don't puke.

do 10 reps of each exercise, no breaks between exercises.

so 50 reps total non-stop.

rest for 60s (or 90s if its your first time, but don't rest more than 90s).

do the whole thing 5 times.

deadlift x10

bent over row x10

power cleans x10

push press x10

squat x10

or i love good mornings, so sometimes i change it up and you can do this (48 reps total):

deadlift x6

romanian deadlift x6

bent over row x6

power clean x6

front squat x6

push press x6

back squat  x6

good mornings x6

you can change your resting as you get better / it gets easier

the first week do 90s between.

next week do 75s, after that 60s, then 45s, or whatever.

plus 6 hours of skip-it after a few lines of coke and you're golden.

ty5077-toyrific-foot-hula-hoop-toy-girl-

Edited by mrwicked