• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros are for real

Arte has spent millions in payroll on star players only to watch us chase another Moneyballer team. Jeff Luhnow Houston's GM has done a pretty stellar job putting together a team that looks good for the long term. Luhnow was hired by the Astros just 8 days after Arte hired Dipoto. I wonder who's plan is working better? The $150m Angels plan or the $72m Astros plan?

Kudos to the Stros for staying away from the over the top bloated contracts on yesterday's stars.

Edited by CALZONE

Arte has spent millions in payroll on star players only to watch us chase another Moneyballer team. Jeff Luhnow Houston's GM has done a pretty stellar job putting together a team that looks good for the long term. Luhnow was hired by the Astros just 8 days after Arte hired Dipoto. I wonder who's plan is working better? The $150m Angels plan or the $72m Astros plan?

Kudos to the Stros for staying away from the over the top bloated contracts on yesterday's stars.

solid 10 year plan.

Strad you have to give some credit to Luhnow who in 2013 only had a 23.4M payroll to work with. I believe that he's making solid progress moving forward without overspending. And no the Astros are not high on the Forbes list but they're winning games without the luxury of a bloated payroll.

Strad you have to give some credit to Luhnow who in 2013 only had a 23.4M payroll to work with. I believe that he's making solid progress moving forward without overspending. And no the Astros are not high on the Forbes list but they're winning games without the luxury of a bloated payroll.

They're a hot team right now. Let's look at the bigger picture come September. The AL West is very weak this yr. I call it the nfc south of the mlb. They may be there

Yeah but you weren't saying that last season when we boasted the best record in baseball, scoring more runs than any team in baseball. 

The Angels are slumping, the Astros are surging. It happens in baseball. Just like the Royals surged in September and part of October. 

I personally think the Seattle series is as crucial

Yes, if Houston keeps winning and we stumble against Seattle, we could end up 8-9 games back by Thursday. The ship is floundering right now, and we need the bats to wake the hell up. In any event, the Astros series is huge.

Edited by fan_since79

I believe I made that statement when they were only 4 up. However I still don't pay attention to April or early May standing.

We should be worried about the overall play of with team and thanks to SF there is a lot to worry about.

The A's were never 7 games up last season.

I would say the guy who took over a team that consistently drafted in the top three for ten years. His "plan" is probably working better right now. His "plan" last year was apparently to lose more than he won, "it's a bold move Cotton"!

I think they only have 2 offensive starters that they drafted, Springer and Carter, and their combined Batting average this year is .183

Out of their starting picthers, they only drafted Keuchel

Edited by zizi

I think they only have 2 offensive starters that they drafted, Springer and Carter, and their combined Batting average this year is .183

Out of their starting picthers, they only drafted Keuchel

The White Sox drafted Carter, he was then traded to A's. 

So Springer, Altuve are the only two that come to mind on offense, at least two that are significant on offense. 

Springer has come around of late. 

The White Sox drafted Carter, he was then traded to A's. 

So Springer, Altuve are the only two that come to mind on offense, at least two that are significant on offense. 

Springer has come around of late. 

Ahh yeah you are right. Castro was their other offensive starter that was drafted by Houston.

Altuve wasn't drafted though, he was signed as an undrafted free agent.

Keuchel was a 7th round pick.

So basically Springer is their only everyday starter that they drafted in the 1st round.

Edited by zizi