• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton sent video of him hitting to the Rangers in early March

SoWhat

A player can't tamper with himself.

This could have hurt the Angels by reducing their leverage because the Rangers knew how much Hamilton wanted to play for them.

Or it could have helped the Angels by letting the Rangers know he could play, facilitating a deal that eventually saved them $20M.

This was obviously a "I can still hit but not in Angels Stadium so get me the hell out of there" video.

You mean like you go after Arte?

LOL. You're ridiculous. How am I going after Arte? Go ahead and find quotes in other threads. I know what I've said. I'm not "going after" Arte - I just think that he's mad about a situation that he's primarily responsible for, and fanboys such as yourself don't seem to be able to think critically about it.

LOL. You're ridiculous. How am I going after Arte? Go ahead and find quotes in other threads. I know what I've said. I'm not "going after" Arte - I just think that he's mad about a situation that he's primarily responsible for, and fanboys such as yourself don't seem to be able to think critically about it.

Yes AJ, we all know how much more brilliant you are than us normal fans. 

Yes AJ, we all know how much more brilliant you are than us normal fans. 

You know the guy says nothing derogatory about anyone but may have opinions you don't care for. I have counted multiple people going after Arte on this subject, yet you focus on him.  My wish is that tomorrow nobody mentions Hamilton to be honest.  My goal is to hope people come to this board and can express their opinion, however, you seem to have a knack for knocking them down when you don't agree.  Thus, I come after you because you tend to be the common denominator and run back to your clique for help.  I have watched you call people trolls and stupid and you think you have a pedestal.  Stop yourself.

First off, stop the personal attacks on other posters (not directed at one person, it goes for everybody).

Second, as much as I wish we could void the whole Hamilton deal and claim tampering, it's not going to happen. He's still a shitbag in my eyes, and with CJ Wilson's recent comments, I'm starting to hate him as well. I just wish this whole issue would go away, there's a lot of baseball left to play. I hope it doesn't become a locker room issue to the point where it's getting into peoples head and we start losing games. Get over it and get back to real baseball.

/end thread

I know, another Hamilton thread, but wtf?

@JeffWilson_FWST: Josh Hamilton said that he sent video of him hitting in Houston to the #Rangers way back on March 9.

So for those keeping track, March 9th was almost a month before Carpino's comments.    But yeah, he totally wanted to play for the Angels, none of his actions are his fault, and this is all about the Angels having been mean.

So for those keeping track, March 9th was almost a month before Carpino's comments. But yeah, he totally wanted to play for the Angels, none of his actions are his fault, and this is all about the Angels having been mean.

The consensus was that there was more behind the scenes than what we knew. That much is still obvious. And Fletcher said he got the impression that Hamilton's absence was a decision made by management. That decision would've been made before March 9th. It seems pretty clear the relationship was already completely destroyed by that point.

perhaps but not nearly as asinine as "liking" your own posts.

By the way, maybe you are unfamiliar with the term "hyperbole".

You're irked by someone liking their own posts, huh? lol. And it is more asinine than making making a comment about a man having sex with a nine year old boy? You should be embarrassed. Hopefully your family and church never sees that post.

The consensus was that there was more behind the scenes than what we knew. That much is still obvious. And Fletcher said he got the impression that Hamilton's absence was a decision made by management. That decision would've been made before March 9th. It seems pretty clear the relationship was already completely destroyed by that point.

I agree there was much more going on behind the scenes than anyone was privy too.  I just happen to believe that's a two way street and not simply a case of the Angels being dicks.

Does that make me a fanboy?

Edited by Inside Pitch

Nope. I agree with you. Much more went on behind the scenes and it was a two-way street. Hamilton was forced to react to management's actions.

Does that make me a Hamilton apologist?

Cool, sounds like we are on the same page on the main issue.  

Personally, I have no idea who's action resulted in the other party needing to react.  The entire thing is a massive breakdown in communication on both ends but IMO it was in the Angels best interest to stay in contact and it seems they did not..  

Again, personally...  I think this was an ongoing issue.  It may have come to a head in February, but I don't believe the breakdown started then.

You know the guy says nothing derogatory about anyone but may have opinions you don't care for. I have counted multiple people going after Arte on this subject, yet you focus on him.  My wish is that tomorrow nobody mentions Hamilton to be honest.  My goal is to hope people come to this board and can express their opinion, however, you seem to have a knack for knocking them down when you don't agree.  Thus, I come after you because you tend to be the common denominator and run back to your clique for help.  I have watched you call people trolls and stupid and you think you have a pedestal.  Stop yourself.

Which clique are you referring to?